Operations Manager (Rotating Equipment / Mozambican / Manufacturing / Portuguese Speaking) – Tete, Mozambique
Reference Number: 004 0207 RR
The position will be responsible for managing the Manufacturing and Warehousing Facility in Tete Mozambique, ensuring that: Customer needs are met at all times; Business requirements are met; The correct culture, skill, knowledge and experience are in place to introduce, implement and deliver on all the needed requirements and expectations of clients, All local and global businesses; All products and services are supplied on time, at the right quality and within budget.
- Work with Country and Department Management to development and implement a country strategy that is in line with Region Sub-Saharan Africa and Middle East as well as Global initiatives.
- Driving business for best growth and profitability of the Mozambique entity and group.
- Responsible to stay informed on key market trends and best practices in the industry,
- To set up, operate and manage an efficient system in accordance with the ISO9001, ISO14001 and OSHAS18001 system requirements, yet maintaining flexibility to promote initiative and open-mindedness.
- Ensure a collaborative and cooperative business environment in Mozambique that drives synergies across the organization.
Sales and Customer Relations:
- Assist with the development of management budgets for the facility,
- Responsible for direct and indirect facility cost management,
- Financial control of projects,
- Implement and monitor management metrics across the business, empowering senior departmental managers to effective lead their respective areas.
- Assist Sales and Country Management with the development of existing customer base as well as continue development of the markets to ensure growth and development of the entity in Mozambique,
- Develop and fosters strategic business relationship with Customers, Internal and External Partners and Stakeholders,
- Senior Customer relationship management in collaboration with Sales and Country Management.
Human Resource Management:
- Responsible for all aspects of execution, overviewing possible business opportunities and business optimization for optimum profitability,
- Analyze technology, resource needs, and market demands, to plan and determine the feasibility of refurbishment and manufacturing projects at the workshop in Tete Mozambique.
- Technical management and coordination of manufacturing/production jobs for ensuring on time delivery.
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the work performed at the facility.
- Ensure that the needs and expectations of the Customer are clearly defined and understood, and that all necessary information is obtained
- Assess the condition of components / equipment sent for refurbishment and to determine the scope of supply for projects, prepare the bill of materials and formulate product refurbishment processes and procedures in conjunction with engineering departments and technical centres.
- Cost estimating of Parts, Products and Services being provided at the workshop in Tete Mozambique.
- Assist the Sales Teams with the negotiation of technical refurbishments and manufacturing contracts as well as presenting and explaining proposals, reports, and findings to Clients and others.
- Direct, review, communicate and approve product refurbishment processes and procedures in conjunction with engineering departments and technology centers.
- Coordinate and direct production activities, making detailed plans in conjunction with management and colleges to ensure that Customer expectations are met.
- Supervise the disassembly, assembly and testing of equipment.
- Quality control of the manufacturing processes, ensuring required quality specifications are met, traceability and accurate recording of quality milestones.
- Coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans with management and colleagues to accomplish goals and direct the integration of activities.
- Direct Management of Staff at the facility in Tete Mozambique,
- Taking accountability for the full People and Organizational Performance cycle, including the development of key KPI’s for resources at the site.
- Overall development of talent ensuring business success and continuity into the future
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing approving expenditures, ensuring governance and compliance.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Responsible to ensure adherence to the group and country policies and legal frameworks
- Occupational Health and Safety appointed as legal responsible person for the facility.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- A formal Mechanical Engineering qualification of not less than 3 years (BSc. Mech Eng, NHD Mech Eng or similar),
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience of which 2 years has been as a departmental leader,
- Experience and knowledge of assembly and production environment,
- Strong computer literacy. (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project),
- Comprehensive knowledge of the industry, competitors and rotating mechanical equipment would be beneficial.
- Should be a Mozambican National who can speak English and Portuguese
- Highly competitive package
- Additional benefits: Company Car and Accommodation
- Permanent role
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global Engineering will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.