367 1002 MHU
The Sales Lead – Sub-Saharan Africa manages and executes the market development, acquisition, commercialization and sales activities for the Company’s Mining and Pipeline products and projects within the Sub-Saharan Africa region. This position initiates and executes on equipment sales strategies and tactics in close interaction with company management, the company marketing department and the after-sales support team.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Conduct in-depth market research in the Mining and Pipeline industry throughout sub-Saharan Africa.
- Identify prospects for the Company’s Mining and Pipeline products and generate inquiries and sales leads for the available products and solutions.
- Have frequent face-to-face interaction with existing clients and new prospects to build and maintain thrust worthy relationships.
- Develop technical solutions for the client’s projects and applications and generate tailored equipment and project proposals and quotations.
- Present project plans and equipment quotations until and including the closure of sales orders.
- Manage equipment hand-over, operator and application trainings as well as on-site project support under assistance from the company’s service team and the OEM.
- Engage with suppliers (OEM) and product specialists to stay informed and to understand the newest product features, model-availability, manufacturing lead times etcetera
- Clearly communicate regional marketing needs and strategic suggestions to the company-internal marketing lead and to the OEM marketing department sales and marketing meetings
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Tertiary degree, preferable in Mining and/or Technical Engineering
- A proven professional track record, with in-depth expertise and experience in the industry in a role of heavy equipment sales or alternatively the usage and operation of heavy equipment in open-cast Mining or Quarrying applications.
- Capability to successfully interact at multiple levels within the organizations of clients and prospects, from work floor up to senior management
- Strong mathematical capabilities must possess the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical/commercial instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Good Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to create and execute on annual sales plans.
- Ability to identify the appropriate tactics to increase brand exposure and product sales.
- Ability to write and edit product and project collateral as required for tenders.
- Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of Vermeer equipment/product/markets and competitive landscape preferred
- Permanent role
- Will involve travel
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.