: A leading multinational tire manufacturing company has an exciting opportunity which will be based in Uitenhage, Port Elizabeth, South Africa. Our client employs about 65,000 people and manufactures its products in 48 facilities in 22 countries around the world for automobiles, commercial trucks, light trucks, motorcycles, SUVs, race cars, airplanes, farm equipment and heavy earth-mover machinery.
Reporting to the IE and Plant Optimization Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for functions listed below which is not exhausted.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Education & Experience Required:
- Support Regional I.E/ Operations Manager with data, studies and scenarios evaluations.
- Coordinate with Engineering, Quality and Production Departments to conduct efficiency studies, justify capital expenditures, and recommend plant layout improvements.
- Collaborate with global, Regional and local leadership to develop and define efficiency improvement plans that focus on key performance factors such as losses reduction, process stabilization, waste elimination, cycle time reduction and productivity improvement (Support Plant Optimization Strategy)
- Analyze, forecast, plan machine/equipment utilization/capability for the total plant
- Determine factory staffing and changes in labour requirements as necessitated by demand fluctuation and plant capacity.
- Prepare the organisation’s Annual Operating Plan (Business Plan)
- Effectively coach/train IE engineers/trainees and manufacturing associates
- Conduct job analysis on positions, evaluation responsibilities, physical demands, working conditions, and skill levels. Participate and assist in the facilitation of continuous improvement activities and act as a resource to production members.
- Responsible for investigating procedures/methods/processes to improve efficiency/effectiveness of personnel, machinery, equipment, facilities to improve safety/ergonomics and maximize output at the lowest possible cost
- Monthly reporting [Local + Regional]
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Industrial Engineering Qualification
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in production as Business Analyst/ Industrial Engineer
- Advanced knowledge of production processes and compounds
- Computer literacy with high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and SAP
- Advanced knowledge of IE and Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- Ability to work/lead in a team environment
- Flexible self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines
- Leadership skills to supervise Junior Industrial Engineers/Learners
- Effective above-average workshop/training capabilities
- Incumbent must be contactable and available after hours for consultations with plant
- Acceptance of responsibility/accountability at senior level
- Be able to communicate at Regional level
- Duration: Perm
- Salary: Neg.
- Location: Uitenhage, Port Elizabeth
- Reporting to: IE and Plant Optimization Manager