375 2402 MHU
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for the contract management lifecycle for all contracts across the Africa region to ensure the delivery of projects in line with the overall strategic plans. The successful incumbent will report directly into the Country Director – Africa with a dotted line to the Contracts Director alongside the VP Operations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Maintenance of contractual records.
- Letter and notice writing for Operations, Tendering and Management.
- Day to day assistance to the Management and Project teams to ensure that interests of the Company are protected.
- Assistance as required and regular updates to the Contracts Director.
- Development of country and companywide procedures and policies.
- Management of Client expectations at regional, country and project levels.
- Contract and Consultancy agreements drafting and closing.
- People Management
- Comply with Health, Safety and Environment policies
- Risk Management
- Contract support to Africa region
- Support to departmental and operational activities
- Protection of Company’s position
- Negotiations with clients regarding Contract conditions
- Understand and advise/implement on Contract interpretation, amendments and the like
- Insurance related matters
- Support to internal departments including: Tendering, Finance, Insurance services, Legal
- Drafting in consultation with Legal, Contracts Director and external parties of both Consultancy and Construction Agreements
- Liaison with Management and Project teams to ensure client acceptance of SLA’s and variations to the same
- Management of risk at all stages of the Project.
- Build risk awareness with the Regional/Country/Project teams
- Risk reporting
- Develop and maintain Client relationships to ensure timely payments of monies due
- Build the team, optimising talents and growing individuals
- Manage the performance of the team
- Develop and maintain teamwork among all teams promoting the sharing of ideas and best practice
- Report non-compliance cases and initiate actions as per ‘Managing Capability and Discipline Concerns Policy’
- Exercise due diligence towards health and safety of self and others in the organisation
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Relevant degree from a professional institution
- Construction Law related Degree (MSc/LLM) or similar
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) and/or Institute of Chartered Arbitrator (ACIarb).
- At least 10 years of proven contract management experience working on largescale projects- Construction, Oil and Gas and Service Industries - Waste Management ideal but not essential
- Has held a position as Senior Commercial/Contracts Administration for at least 5 years
- Worked in Africa for at least 3 years- ideally to include Morocco
- Experience working in emerging markets, Africa and with Government entities
- Fluent in English and French (Spoken and written), Arabic highly beneficial
- Excellent document drafting and contract formation skills
- Experience of claims investigation and resolution, with strong negotiation skills
- Ability to advise “Senior Management” of available options, risks and outcome
- Permanent role
- Urgent role
- Travel involved across Africa
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.