My Client, a leader in the Asset Management sector, are in the process of recruiting for a Fixed Income Portfolio Manager to join their dynamic team in Namibia.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Qualifications and Experience
- Articulation of investment process and consistent application of investment style against investment process.
- Encourage and participate in thematic research that could differentiate the franchise from competition.
- Provide thought leadership to the franchise team specifically and to the investment team in general, to assist in delivering alpha to our clients
- Actively market the funds managed to both institutional and retail investors/clients in Namibia
- Understanding of global market trends and linking them to the performance of the portfolios
- Dissect and understand the different value add blocks for a fixed income portfolio, in line with the Franchise’s stated investment philosophy and process
- Formulate, revise and implement the company investment plans requiring exposure to investment trends in Fixed Income Funds.
- Performs investment research, stays informed of developments in security markets.
- Confers knowledge experts to determine legal consequences of investment decision.
- Responsible for efficient and effective management of an investment portfolio to ensure that the most advantageous rate of return is attained from the assets invested.
- Responsibilities include buying and selling of investments
- A minimum of 2 - 3 years’ experience as a portfolio manager or working within a fixed income environment.
- Degree/ Post Grad in Investment Management or equivalent.
- Detailed knowledge of portfolio risk analysis
- Portfolio management (portfolio construction, asset allocation, etc.)
- Industry and bond sector research (economic and industry analysis, ability to build detailed valuation models, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills to match an environment that thrives on continuous engagements
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills