Technical Sales Representative (Engineering Solutions / Mining / Component Repair / Mechanical Engineering ) – Johannesburg, South Africa
: 009 2702 RR
To expand the market share of the company by developing relationships with new and existing customers to promote a wide range of high precision manufactured component parts to the customer’s specification. Working in the industrial and engineering sphere the technical sales representative will be a vital member of the sales team generating income from new sources. The sales representative will exhibit independent judgement and sound technical knowledge to position the company as the leading African Brand of Quality Engineered Products throughout the region.
Developing Sales Opportunities
- The sales representative will have an extensive knowledge of component parts and their uses within industrial applications and be able to sell concept parts to clients without the use of a catalogue or product list, selling manufacturing capabilities of the Company to fulfil a client’s specific need.
- They will be able to identify components by sight in the customer’s workplace and apply the manufacturing capabilities of the company to being able to serve the client’s needs.
- Furthermore, the sales representative will ensure that within 60 days of starting date they can demonstrate a 90% knowledge of the company’s existing products.
- It will be the responsibility of the sales representative to adopt all means to increase their product knowledge.
- The Sales Representative will submit reports and presentations using various media on a regular basis.
Increasing market share
- Achieve targets by generating sales and achieving targets
- New products New Customers –
- Existing products New Customers –
- New products to existing customers and
- Increase sales of Existing products to existing customers.
- Develop and maintain meaningful customer relationships through face to face sales and personal contact
- Create partnerships with customers to ascertain their needs and develop products within our manufacturing capabilities to provide solutions to the customer’s pain.
- Provide support to sales teams to develop sales funnel with new products to existing customers through expanding the client’s awareness of the range of products the company is capable of manufacturing.
- Collect industry and customer information and collate customer data for future planning of production and new products and new market opportunities
- Respond to clients’ needs promptly thus ensuring our brand promise
- Generate quotations for intricate and detailed manufactured items
- Source products and aligned services to add value to our product offering
- Assist R&D team with information to speedily develop prototypes to client specification
- Assist internal sales teams with deliveries and customer relationships
- Assist with marketing material and events to promote customer awareness
Qualification and Skill
- Submission of weekly sales reports with meaningful feedback on customer interventions and plans
- Attendance at regular sales meetings and contributing meaningfully with industry information and market trends
- Tracking and reporting trends by customer, case scenario, industry segment
- Presentations to clients and sales teams (verbal and visual)
- Developing and presenting new ideas to the sales team to grow market share
- Exhibiting growing product knowledge to the team and customers.
- Qualified Artisan in metal working trade (required)
- Tertiary qualification in mechanical engineering in a manufacturing environment (required)
- Sales certificates for vocational courses
- Proven track record and client network
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 10 years post qualification working in a manufacturing / production facility
- 5 years in an external sales capacity working in heavy industry/manufacturing/mining/process plant environment
- An existing client base that can be easily accessed (North West, Gauteng, Free state, Limpopo, Mpumalanga)
- A network in Neighboring countries would be an advantage
- South African Citizens are encouraged to apply
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Competitive Commission Structure
- Company vehicle and fuel
- Basic tools such as phone and laptop
- Annual performance bonus
- Provident fund
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.