The Plant Manager is responsible for managing all plant operations with overall responsibilities for safety, production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities. The Plant Manager must ensure compliance with all standards, policies, and regulations for safe, environmentally-sound production of a quality product.
- Plan and direct the daily operations of the plant (Grinding Plant).
- Maintenance experience in Cement Plant
- Optimize the production capacity and operating cost of the plant.
- Effectively and proactively administer the safety program ensuring compliance with country rules and regulations. Initiate improvements where necessary.
- Manage and mentor direct reports.
- Oversee the production planning, staffing, and day-to-day manufacturing operations in a cost-effective manner.
- Build an optimal organizational structure for the business according with a clear focus on efficiency and speed.
- Prepare operational schedule and coordinate production activities to ensure that the production and quality of products meet specifications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Fluent in French & good English knowledge
- Engineering degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- Substantial experience in increasingly responsible positions in the cement manufacturing industry
- Complete understanding of the cement manufacturing process
- High focus on continuous improvement efforts to achieve objectives
- Monitor costs and have ambition to ensure a smooth operation of the plant
- Commitment to high professional standards
- Ability to function effectively in a multinational / cultural team