Marketing Manager (Strategy / Digital Marketing / Budget / Mining / Communications) – Johannesburg, South Africa
10 0503 LVG
To manage day-to-day marketing programs and communication activities so that they meet the organization’s short and long-term business objectives, comply with regulations and standards, and protect the organization’s public reputation as well as to optimize the online marketing campaigns in order to ensure customer engagement and take customer servicing through social media to the next level. A manager who leads people and activities to achieve agreed business objectives. He/she has full managerial responsibility including EHS, budget, people development.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for the organization’s products/services in collaboration with Vice President Sales Area Southern Africa / Managing Director and central marketing to meet established targets.
- Activities may include market research, oversight of product development and design; pricing; launch new products; oversee advertising campaigns; and monitor sales performance.
- Define advertising objectives, recommend choice of media, and allocate resources so advertising campaigns are effective, economical, and appropriate for intended audience.
- Select and manage ongoing relationships with vendors.
- Adjust marketing strategy and plans to meet changing markets and competitive conditions. Liaise with other managers to ensure marketing activities are integrated with other parts of the business and align with the overall corporate objectives.
- Lead, direct, evaluate, and develop a team of marketing professionals.
- Organise Customer events including seminars
- Ensure localization of all marketing and technical materials and maintain stock of updated material
- Ensure consistent branding by enforcing application of brand guideline including executing periodic audits
- Be an active member of the management team and leverage best practices from other sales areas in line with Global Group requirements
- Work with all stakeholders to identify actual customer share of customer spend and define customer relevant marketing actions.
- Support stakeholders / internal customers in creating effective structures for communication (channels, ways of communicating and frequency).
- Lead the communications work of identified change programs in Strategy communications (producing and planning content and key messages, communication materials etc.).
- Support in development of messaging platforms and tools for internal and external use (communication material on for example vision, core values, strategy or business priorities and changes).
- Development, implementation and quality assurance of communication policies and governance structures.
- Being able to develop and provide training in communication policies, frameworks and supporting tools.
- Actively work to ensure a high quality of communication channels and content.
- Evaluating return on investment on communications activities and developing communication work accordingly.
Requirements: Qualification and Skills
- Implement digital marketing programs/strategies and campaigns.
- Develop and execute brand campaigns on relevant digital media channels.
- Monitoring and measurement of online platforms.
- Grow and expand the organisations social media presence plus increase presence on existing platforms.
- Identify improvement in order to improve customer experience with online platforms and optimise on an ongoing basis.
- Stay abreast of online marketing trends and keep strategies up to date.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- 5 - 7 years Marketing experience and event management
- Relevant Diploma/ Degree
- Advanced Computer Literacy
- Experience in executing editorial content strategies across web and social channels
- Expertise of social channels and emerging techniques
- Knowledge and experience in data analysis and research techniques
- Knowledge and experience in Digital marketing and communications
- Must have strong planning, leadership and interpersonal skills