Reference Number: RSB
A market – leading, Insurance business is seeking a Treasury Accountant to join their Treasury department. This individual will be based in the Cape Town office and will manage a team responsible for the Treasury Accounting function & will support the Treasury Manager in Cash flow management & Bank reporting.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- This role will manage a team responsible for the following activities:
- Accounting for short term investments, financial instruments and daily transactional banking.
- Review of large volumes of bank reconciliations for bank accounts across multiple banks and currencies.
- Month end financial reporting of bank balances in terms of IFRS.
- Performance reporting and banking data analytics.
- The role supports the Treasury Manager to:
- Ensure cash flow management and bank reporting is executed timeously and accurately.
- Drive process efficiency projects related to accounting for banking transactions.
- Manage transactional banking and support various business units and multiple banking partners/ relationships.
- Manage accounting processes for banking transactions.
- Manage electronic banking systems and processes to enable cash flows to and from the Group.
- Manage operational banking requirements.
- Manage transactional banking and banking partners ‘support service relationship.
- Collate and prepare calculations of currency reserves to be maintained in designated bank accounts.
- Review and approval of bank reconciliations.
- Assistance with internal and external audit queries.
- Assistance with ad hoc queries from business units and partners.
- Degree in B. Comm Financial Management / B. Comm Accounting
- Studying towards Honours degree would be advantageous.
- At least 8 years’ working experience within a large Corporate Accounting / Finance environment.
- Working knowledge and experience with electronic banking systems and processes.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience managing a team.
- Advanced Excel working knowledge & Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Experience in financial accounting modules e.g. JDE; Oracle or SAP.
- Experience in managing operational accounting team.
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholders and partners.
- South African nationals preferred.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.