Commercial Manager (Wind / Energy / Negotiation / PPA / English) – West Africa
11 1003 LVG
A leading independent large-scale renewable energy company looks for an experienced Commercial Manager to join their operations in Western Africa. While adopting the highest international technical standards, our client is the first African company having a prevalence in 10 energy markets under development throughout the continent. They partner and work together with large utilities, national grid operators and governments to energize Africa. They have developed a unique process tailored to the needs and demands of emerging countries. This position’s core mission will be to negotiate PPA terms with private off takes in the region.
The company has jointly created with the International Finance Corporation (IFC), a platform dedicated to large scale renewable energy project development on the African continent. Our client is now developing a wind farm project in Western Africa. The wind farm is currently looking for private off takers (high voltage) to purchase the electricity produced by the wind farm through long term power purchase agreements (PPAs). It is estimated that about 10 PPAs must be signed this year (depending on the volume of each PPA).
Qualification and Skills:
- Ability to understand and negotiate PPA terms with private off takers.
- Entirely responsible for the progress of the PPA negotiations.
- Work under the direct supervision of local Senior Business Developer, local Site Director and Headquarters Project Manager.
- Planning, organising, coordinating, taking part, negotiating, reporting and following up on the PPA negotiations in the country.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Global experience in RE technologies and the energy sector.
- Experience negotiating high level contracts.
- Experience negotiating PPAs.
- Good Commercial Skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Negotiation, conflict management skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite).
- Strong report writing and analytical skills in English.
- Strong communication skills in English.
- Bonus per GWh sold to be negotiated
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV