The successful candidate will be a self-starter who enjoys being challenged and would be responsible for the financial reporting of all the international life insurance subsidiaries of our client
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Production of quarterly financial information on the various reporting and valuation bases. Involvement in the analysis and presentation of quarterly earnings and valuation results, including the published earnings, embedded value and value of new business.
- Analysing surplus arising over the reporting period, and providing analysis support to business and management.
- Assisting with various statutory returns and other compliance-related tasks.
- Interact with various stakeholders regarding the production and analysis of entities' results, including asset managers, accountants and product development staff.
- Identify opportunities to automate and continuously improve the reporting processes.
- Take responsibility for the development and enhancement of processes within the reporting environment.
- Analyse historic experience for the purpose of setting valuation bases and improving forecast results, and other ad-hoc investigations.
- Analytical thinker.
- An attention to detail and a dedication to technical excellence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Drive for results.
- Able to manage stress, pressure and competing demands.
- Strong desire to add value and make a difference.
- Self-starter - can run independently with complex projects.
- Experience and Qualifications
- A graduate degree in Actuarial Science or related degree, with the intention of completing the professional actuarial exams essential.
- Minimum of 7 CT's required.
- Good progress in actuarial exams essential.
- 3 to 5 years working experience.
- Experience in Excel and SQL would be an advantage.
- Life valuations experience would be an advantage.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the Apply Button below and visit our www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com here
for more exciting opportunities.
| Senior Associate
CA Global Africa Recruitment
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.