An opportunity exists within the Actuarial Valuations team that focuses on the Corporate product range. The individual will be responsible for calculating and interpreting the Regulatory capital for this product range.
Responsibilities and work outputs
Experience and Qualifications
- Production of the quarterly Regulatory capital reporting, including an analysis of change
- Calculation of Investment Guarantee Reserves
- Calculation of management actions for Smooth Bonus and Dynamically Hedged products
- Providing the reporting information required for the ORSA (Own Risk and Solvency Assessment) Involvement in the communication of the results to various stakeholders
- Assisting with capital calculations for purposes of pricing new products
- Stress testing and scenario analysis
- Assisting with the various statutory returns and other compliance-related tasks
- Interacting with a wide range of stakeholders such as asset managers, marketing managers, accountants, product development staff and policy administrators
- Competencies required
- Strong technical skills
- A desire to add value and make a difference
- The ability to manage stress, pressure and competing demands
- Attention to detail and good problem solving skills
- A self-starter who can run independently with complex projects
- Newly/nearly qualified actuary essential.
- A minimum of 8 years working experience, with at least 2 years Life Valuations experience with a specific focus on SAM capital calculations required.
- A good understanding of Corporate Products will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience with stochastic models as well as experience with the complexities of running bespoke technical models essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel capabilities required.
- Management experience will be an advantage.