An opportunity exists within the actuarial valuations team that focuses on individual life products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading a team of actuarial analysts tasked with performing the valuation of a portfolio of products for IFRS,
Embedded Value and regulatory reporting.
The Corporate Actuarial team comprises of a good blend of experience and youth, with a focus on development and knowledge share. The team culture is one of collaboration, focus, excellence, flexibility, innovation and open communication. Through the use of technology we continuously strive to improve processes in order to enhance insights and understanding through the application of actuarial skills.
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Performing quarterly liability, earnings and Embedded Value valuations, including analysis of change, cash flow projections, forecasts and sensitivities for both IFRS and SAM reporting.
- Mentoring and developing team members to achieve team objectives.
- Identifying and implementing process related improvements.
- Driving the implementation of strategic projects that span across valuation teams.
- Ensuring compliance with Group practices and timelines.
- Assisting the Head of Actuarial Function through regular reporting and review of results. Collaborating with business to resolve any matters arising from the quarterly valuations, e.g. the need to re-price products.
Experience and Qualifications
- Adhere to the values of Momentum Metropolitan
- Leadership and mentorship
- Drive for results and initiative
- Strive for excellence
- Attention to detail
- Business acumen
- Self-awareness and insight
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with challenges
- Good people skills
- Adapting and responding to change
- Qualified actuary essential
- Minimum of 3 years actuarial experience required
- Previous experience in the Corporate Actuarial valuations environment will be an advantage
- Intermediate SQL knowledge will be an advantage