384 1903 MHU
This is a senior management position for a multinational client. The main purpose is to oversee the Company’s budgeting and reporting; financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management; and fixed asset accounting. The successful incumbent will also be tasked with ensuring accuracy of financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements. Subordinates include Head Financial Control & Reporting, Head Business Performance Reporting and Head Plant Finance whilst this role reports directly into the Finance Director.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Drive the implementation of the department’s operational strategy, work plans, programs, systems,controls, policies and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework in alignment with Company overall objectives.
- Provide input to the development of the Company’s budgeting guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and alignment with local operating regulations and requirements.
- Drive and oversee the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all business units are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports to aid management decisionmaking process.
- Ensure ongoing review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
- Support the analysis and evaluation of projects, initiatives and business plans across the Company to provide information for management decisionmaking.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with Company accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Implement adequate internal financial control systems and frameworks to ensure appropriate integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of Company financial statements with relevant reporting regulations.
- Define and document Company’s credit guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and ensure adequate monitoring and management of Company credit exposure
- Ensure effective utilisation of Company financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
- Proactively identify risks and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Provide broad guidelines for the management of Company fixed assets from an accounting perspective, ensuring that organisational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
- Regularly update Company’s accounting policies and procedures manual and ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of changes and updates in macroeconomic policies and advice the Director of Finance on the implications for the business.
- Coordinate the preparation of departmental budget and approve departmental expenditure in line with approved authority limits.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to the Director of Finance on the activities of the department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Finance.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA.
- Minimum of twelve (12+) years relevant experience with at least three (3) in a senior managerial position
- Must be fully bilingual (French & English)
- Good understanding of micro and macroeconomic indices and their impact on the business.
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Good understanding of foreign exchange operations and regulation.
- Proven experience in strategic financial planning and analysis.
- Advanced financial and accounting knowledge, including understanding of finance best practices and IFRS/ international accounting and financial reporting standards
- Very sound business acumen – financial and commercial knowledge.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and influencing skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Residential expat position
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.