Reference Number: 070 20 03 AB
Our Client, an International Company focusing on the Cement Industry is currently looking for a Financial Controller to join its operation in West Africa. The ideal candidate will be ensuring accuracy of financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements. Furthermore, he / she will also focus on financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management; and fixed asset accounting.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Drive the implementation of the department’s operational strategy, work plans, programs, systems, controls, policies and procedures to ensure a rigorous financial framework in alignment with the overall objectives.
- Provide input to the development of the company budgeting guidelines, policies and procedures ensuring inculcation of best practices and alignment with local operating regulations and requirements.
- Drive and oversee the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all business units are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual management reports to aid management decision-making process.
- Ensure ongoing review, update and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
- Support the analysis and evaluation of projects, initiatives and business plans across the company to provide information for management decision-making.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with HQ accounting policies and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Implement adequate internal financial control systems and frameworks to ensure appropriate integration of business reporting requirements, the integrity of information contained in and the compliance of HQ financial statements with relevant reporting regulations.
- Ensure effective utilisation of the financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
- Proactively identify risks and define and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Provide broad guidelines for the management of fixed assets from an accounting perspective, ensuring that organisational policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
- Regularly update the accounting policies and procedures manual and ensure compliance with Group policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of changes and updates in macroeconomic policies and advice the Director of Finance on the implications for the business.
- Coordinate the preparation of departmental budget and approve departmental expenditure in line with approved authority limits.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to the Director of Finance on the activities of the department.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Finance.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Fluent in French & English.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or any other related discipline.
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, CIMA, CPA, ACCA.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience with at least three (3) in a senior managerial position.
- Expat benefits