Reference Number: 071 20 03 AB
Our Client, an International Company focusing on the Cement Industry is currently looking for a Fixed Assets Accountant to join its operation in West Africa. The ideal candidate will be managing & maintaining the fixed asset record / register and ensure proper accounting for fixed assets at the plant, in compliance with the company fixed assets policies.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Review CAPEX purchase requisitions and ensure accurate upload of all fixed assets in the fixed asset register.
- Calculate and record depreciation for all fixed assets in accordance with depreciation policies.
- Review, interpret and apply fixed assets policies to fixed asset transactions at the plant including purchase, valuation, revaluation, accruals and disposal.
- Reconcile the fixed asset sub-ledger to the general ledger on a periodic basis.
- Ensure supporting plant fixed assets records and schedules are sufficient to meet audit/regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate all fixed asset purchases with the various departments and collate updates on new additions on a monthly basis
- Ensure all new assets are properly labelled and set up in the fixed asset register and individual asset account.
- Periodically reconcile and coordinate physical stock taking of fixed assets to ensure proper location and existence of all fixed assets.
- Ensure accurate entries for all fixed assets acquisition, disposal/movements and depreciation.
- Manage the activities involved in the disposal of fully depreciated, obsolete or damaged assets.
- Participate in month-end financial closing procedures
- Prepare the year-end fixed asset/depreciation schedules for annual audit/review.
- Assist in the development of fixed asset management processes, policies & procedures.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Plant Finance
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Fluent in French & English.
- Working knowledge of SAP.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Accounting or other related discipline.
- No experience is required, but one (1) to three (3) years of relevant work experience will be an advantage.