Reference Number: 52 03 20 MNW
Reporting to the Senior General Manager. The Tax Specialist is responsible for managing the overall tax compliance for the company including income tax, VAT, WHT, PAYE and other tax regulatory bodies. You will support in the development and ensure the execution of the corporate tax strategy across the Group. You will oversee the computation and calculations of the Company’s tax position across various regional and functional tax authorities.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Responsible for the submission of all statutory and non-statutory tax returns across all taxes.
- Advises on all tax disciplines, including corporation tax, VAT, WHT, PAYE, and other special purpose schemes.
- Supports the interpretation and implementation of new tax legislation and participates in and responds to consultation with FIRS and other State IRSs.
- Reviews commercial agreements for tax relevant issues.
- Provides relevant training both to Tax staff and to colleagues across the business on relevant tax matters.
- Communicating the impact of tax on group KPIs to senior stakeholders in the Company.
- Ensuring systems and controls operate to manage, consolidate and report tax impact on IFRS and other required reporting numbers.
- Supporting with analyzing tax impact of transactions, regulatory and accounting developments and communication of key messages to senior stakeholders.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business-related courses.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACTI, ACCA, ICAN, CITN)
- 15+ years’ experience in finance with a focus in tax operations for manufacturing organizations. Cement or FMCG Sectors will be an advantage.
- 5 years progressive supervisory/leadership experience.
- Understands State and Federal Tax regulations, with exposure to FIRS and State IRSs. Exposure to IFRS and public company regulatory reporting/filing requirements will be an advantage.
- Fixed Term Renewable Contract
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions