The Chief Financial Officer will exercise oversight and control over the Finance functions of a micro-finance company based in Lesotho.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Implement and maintain procedures and policies pertaining to Finance and Administration.
- Prepare a monthly financial report on the business, assessing all aspects of the Company performance.
- Develop appropriate pricing models to facilitate proper analysis and oversite.
- Manage all aspects of tax compliance, liaise with the Lesotho Revenue Authority and the Lesotho Central Bank.
- Provide management and oversite to all aspects of income tax, withholding tax, VAT, exchange control, offshore payments etc.
- Compile all required reports, set deadlines and ensure timely submission of same to the Group CFO.
- Maintain the creditor’s ledgers, perform creditor’s reconciliation from the suppliers statement to the creditor’s ledger for all suppliers and prepare payment.
- Management of the company’s cash flow and petty cash.
- Working closely with all aspects of audit, including working with both internal and external auditors.
- Assist the Country CEO with budget and forecast preparation, monitoring and variance reporting.
- Assist the Country CEO collating and providing commentary on the monthly reports for the Executive Committee and Technical Advisory Committee.
- Ensure the assets of the business are sufficiently safeguarded and adhere to the systems of internal control in line with the Group’s policies and procedures.
- Candidates who have a Master’s Degree will be required to have a minimum of 3 years’ post articles relevant working experience.
- Candidates who have a Bachelor’s Degree will be required to have a minimum of 5 years’ post articles relevant working experience.
- Banking experience will be highly advantageous.
- Previous experience within Micro-finance in Lesotho is crucial.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written with a strong command of the English language.
- Travel will be required within Lesotho and perhaps the rest of Africa if needed.
- Salary dependent on technical skills and experience of the successful candidate.
- Individual must be situated in Lesotho at present.
Fabio Da Silva Faria
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV
Please visit www.banking-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities. Please note - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all CV's are recorded on our database for other suitable roles.