Reference Number: 077 17 04 AB
Our client, a fast-growing, private hydro-electricity producer and distributor, is currently looking for a Financial Controller to join their operations in Central Africa. The Financial Controller will provide managerial oversight to the operations, with a focus on financial controlling, financial performance and treasury management.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Developing and managing the annual reporting cycle on a timely and accurate manner-
- Including monthly and quarterly management reporting as well as Budget and Business plan;
- Addressing the reporting obligations towards the funding partners, financial institutions, and other relevant authorities;
- Providing senior management and site management with monthly relevant financial reporting & dashboards.
- Proactively contributing to the monthly closing process of the accounting books in close collaboration with the Accounting team, ensuring consistent and correct income and expenses allocation and booking.
- Following-up with site management, construction management and budget owners on operational & construction performance versus budget & longer-term plans, producing explanatory variance reports and proposing corrective action plans;
- Developing a cash & treasury management dashboard, including reliable short- and long-term forecasting tools;
- Supervising and continuously improving the daily cash and treasury management in collaboration with the Accounting team, including the reconciliation of the bank accounts, cash and debt positions, accounts payable and receivable, as well grants against contractual obligations;
- Developing and implementing sound, timely and efficient payment processes;
- Ensuring continuity and quality of the reporting cycle by building and supervising a team of treasury and financial analysis specialists, if need be.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Fluent in French and English
- At least 8 years of solid experience in financial management including reporting, financial analysis, financial controlling, treasury management
- Leadership and communication skills
- Able to work independently and/or under tough conditions
- Knowledge of working in DRC or sub-Saharan Africa is preferred
- Salary in EURO