Reference Number: JOK
My client is looking for a dynamic Drilling Fluid Engineer to be part of there team. The Senior Drilling Fluid Engineer will oversee the Junior Drilling Fluid Engineers and to take charge. The Senior Drilling Fluid Engineer is responsible ensuring the properties of the drilling fluid, are within designed specifications.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Recommending drill bits and assisting excavating technicians in the overall safety of the drilling process.
- Conduct standardized testing during the drilling process and use a variety of methods to change the mud's viscosity, including adjusting the mud's temperature, pH balance and chemical components.
- Cost estimating is often done in conjunction with other drilling engineers and technicians.
- Lead in the field for HSE issues,
- Complete Drilling Fluid Properties field analysis, per procedures in ISO 10414 -1 /2 or API RP 13 B1/B2 and specialized test including PSD analysis, PPT Fluid Loss, Mud Sieving analysis, Gas Garret Train etc.
- Issue Daily Drilling Fluids Report that covers all aspects pertaining to the Drilling Fluid over the previous 24 hours.
- Use contractor simulation programs for hydraulics and planning – experience with Baroid software an advantage.
- Preparing the first draft of the Fluids End Of Well Report (EOWR).
- Maintain the Drilling Fluid System as per optimum “Drilling fluid Properties” using PRODUCTS to condition the fluid to COMPANY specified parameters.
- Provide of justification for chemical and volume additions.
- Prepare for COMPANY representatives the requirements in products, mud etc, to plan a safe and continuous drilling operation.
- Prepare Daily and Monthly Inventory Reports
- Recommend the efficient use of the Shale Shakers, as to Shaker Screen size and other variables in the proper operation of the Shale Shakers. The same principle applies to all solids control equipment on the RIG
- Use, as with the shale shakers, properly and efficiently the solids control equipment which is a key factor affecting the stability and performance of the Drilling Fluid.
- Take an active role in working very closely with the Solids Control Engineer (SCE) and the waste management CONTRACTOR supervisor on site.
- Collaborate with the Solids Control Engineer (SCE) and the waste management supervisor on site, in preparing COMPANY’s Oil on Cuttings daily reports, with emphasis on volumes of waste generated, operational discharges and NABM losses.
- 10-12 years oilfield experience in drilling fluids engineering.
- 5 years regional and International Experience in Deepwater
- 3 years minimum in High Performance Water Base Mud
- 5 years’ experience on the rig-site as a senior Drilling Fluids Engineer.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the HPWBM and Flat Rheology fluids systems. HPWBM Engineer.
- Hydroguard Experience or KCl/Polymer deep-water experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of API mud testing, PSD, PPT, mud sieving test etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all hydraulic software and hole cleaning simulator, PDW interpretation.
- Fluent in reading, writing and speaking English,
- Conversant and Computer literate with all Microsoft Office programs.
- Offshore Medical Fitness (1-year OGUK/NMA medical), BOSIET certificate.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.