Reference Number: 078 23 04 AB
Our Client an International Cement Company is urgently looking for a Commercial Finance Manager to join their operation in Central Africa. The candidate will be responsible for managing the systems, processes, accounting policies and procedures, and reporting matters relating to the organizations commercial and supply chain contractual components within the finance function. You will work with internal and external stakeholders to manage the preparation and delivery of ad hoc and standard reporting requirements of the Executive Committee. Finally, you will be working with a team of professionals within the organization, and from time to time provide professional guidance and direction, as well as coaching and development to cross functional counterparts.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Support with the management of the Commercial Finance function, including working with the teams at various operating locations within the organization as well as the subsidiaries to evaluate various commercial and supply chain related contracts and business arrangements.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of the commercial finance functions, including management of activities to support ad hoc requirements of the Executive Committee.
- Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses, and capital expenditures as they relate to contractual obligations impacting the business results.
- Support the development of processes, systems, and tools to provide accurate and high-quality financial reports.
- Work together with other internal organizational stakeholders to develop standards and ensure alignment and continuously improve processes and systems.
- Support the development and implementation of processes to create systems, controls, and repositories to ensure data integrity and quality for all financial reports.
- Support in the research, development, maintenance and communication of accounting policies, procedures, and reporting matters for the organization.
- Support with analysing impact of business transactions, regulatory and accounting developments, and communication of key messages to senior stakeholders
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or business related courses
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA, ICAN)
- Master’s degree (MBA) will be an advantage.
- 10+ years’ experience in finance with a focus in financial analysis and business partnering for manufacturing organizations. Cement or FMCG Sectors will be an advantage
- 5 years progressive supervisory/leadership experience Big 4 training or exposure will be an advantage
- Must be familiar with analysis and interpretation of business contracts, especially impacts of financial components within.
- Understands IFRS and public company regulatory reporting/filing requirements.
- Understands State and Federal Tax regulations, with exposure to FIRS and State IRSs.
- Exposure to IFRS and public company regulatory reporting/filing requirements will be an advantage.