Reference Number: LEEGAL
*Global applications/candidates encouraged to apply
This individual must be a qualified Solicitor or Barrister with in-depth knowledge and experience relating to infrastructure finance transactions. Ideally, this candidate would have Africa and global experience dealing with the legal aspects of financial transactions. Currently working for /consulting for leading financial institutions.
Minimum Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Deal with the legal aspects of the Corporation’s investments and transactional matters, covering project finance, debt, equity and project development transactions;
- Structure transactions in a manner that is consistent with the mandate, policies and objectives of the Corporation and provide innovative and practical solutions to legal issues pertaining to the Corporation’s transactions and activities;
- Deal with the legal aspects of the credit approval process relating to transactions;
- Draft, review and negotiate term sheets, Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), mandate letters, project agreements, financing and security agreements;
- Ongoing monitoring and advising on legal issues arising from closed transactions from time to time.
- Deal with the legal aspects of facility agency and security agency roles relating to the Corporation’s transactions
- Deal with legal aspects of restructured and non-performing loans and assets
- Review and negotiate mandate letters, terms sheets and facility agreements with respect to the Corporation’s borrowings
- Review and negotiate mandate letters for the joint lead managers, programme agreement, agency agreement, trust deeds, listing agreement, auditors comfort and arrangement letters in respect of the bond issue and its subsequent updates.
- Draft and review the legal opinions, base prospectus, conditions precedent and other offering documents for bond investors.
- Review and negotiate agreements and confirmations relating to various derivatives, hedge and repurchase transactions on the basis of ISDA and GMRA.
- Draft, review and negotiate legal documentation for trade finance transactions
- Provide advice on general tax issues including researching and understanding the Corporation’s status under the Foreign Accounts Tax Compliance Act and advising accordingly
- Work on knowledge sharing information on legal matters for the Corporation
- Manage the work of external law firms to ensure transactions are efficiently progressed at a reasonable cost
- Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Advanced degree in Law (Masters).
- Experience within a legal or financial institution (DFI's advantageous)
- In-depth knowledge and appreciation of Infrastructure and project finance, debt, equity and borrowing transactions;
- Ability to conduct due diligence relating to financial transactions, i.e. project finance, structured finance and corporate finance;
- 6-8 years minimum relevant experience
- French/civil law qualification and/or experience desirable.