Our Client, a market leader in the development of projects and provision of EPC solutions to both REIPP projects and commercial and industrial customers is looking for an experienced Business Development Analyst to join their operations in Cape Town. The ideal candidate will play a key role in the evaluation of the economics of solutions our client develops:
- the margins for the EPC,
- the tariff under a PPA,
- the returns for the funder in the cases of project or asset-based finance,
- the LCOE and NPV for the electricity user/off-taker and
- the interaction between these returns.
- Work closely with the Business Development team to develop and sell projects and EPC services to IPPs for both REIPP and private PPA projects.
- Complement the existing technical and commercial skills in the team by providing financial modelling skills and aptitude.
- Run screening and audited (project) financial models to optimize project returns.
- At least one of the models will be based on Project Finance principles.
- Follow developments in the market for innovative funding models including but not limited to CPI versus JIBAR indexation, rolling facilities, all equity funding, concessionary funding etc.
- Follow developments in the market for tax treatments, both in South Africa (12J, 12B etc) as well as in relation to neighbouring countries (withholding taxes) to ensure that all financial models are up to date and accurate. External assistance can be sought.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Finance/Business Science Degree
- CA/CFA/B.Com (Hons) or similar financial qualification ideally preferred
- Proven ability to develop and run Excel-based financial models (including VBA development experience)
- Experience with REIPP, private PPA or similar renewable energy modelling
- Project Finance modelling is a strong advantage
- 2 – 5 years’ experience is preferable
Benefits and Contractual Information:
- Full time / Permanent position
- South African nationals