Reference Number: SHR
The incumbent, under supervision will provide support to all activities and programmes of the new Country Relations Department as an origination and coverage unit of the Business. Under this role, the incumbent will provide support for country membership drive, activities in equity raise, ratification of country members, origination and coverage activities, and in ensuring the continuous and effective visibility of the company.
Country Membership & Ratification:
- Provide operational and administrative support to country membership drive
- Assist in leveraging existing relationships in support of memberships, equity raise, and origination of projects and programs.
- Engage in joint missions with client-facing divisions with a view to enhancing membership and ratification success rate and deepening the businesses presence across Africa
- Support in the scheduling of meetings with respective country cabinet members, public and/or private sector infrastructure players, as well as in participating in such meetings as may be required.
- Support in maintaining the department’s record of stakeholders reached during missions and follow-ups- BTORs, Meetings held, Calls, Texts etc.
- Assist to significantly progress*, finalise, and document the membership ratification by Member States.
- Collaborate and work with Legal, Investments in facilitating membership ratifications.
Country Coverage and Origination
- Provide support in converting key economic powerhouses and regional DFI’s to shareholders in line with the department’s Equity Raise target
- Assist in the development and implementation of proposals for the corporation’s engagement with target countries and regions
- Assist in the development and implementation of origination and coverage plans for target countries/ regions.
- Provide research and perform competitive analysis of target countries/regions on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of relationships and key partners in target countries and regions, including monitoring operational changes.
- Contacts and Relationships: Develop and maintain an active database of key contacts for the following target groups
- Corporations: Key corporate bodies and institutions in all countries of the region.
- Financial Institutions: All financial institutions with activities and presence in the region
- International Organisations: All international institutions within and/or with interest/activities in the region
- Government Agencies: Key government agencies in all countries of the region
- Country Profiles and developments: Assist the Economist Unit in the development, maintenance, and updating of country economic profiles with a view to assisting investments and Advisory in key activity areas of the business
- New and Existing Projects: Work with supervisor to maintain an active list of existing projects and potential projects. Maintain database of deals referred to other BUHs
- Information Gathering and Dissemination: Assist in gathering economic, project, and socio-political information on all target countries of the business.
- Reports and Documentation: Assist in the development of origination, marketing and investment activity reports.
- Develop and regularly update the country relations unit’s pitch book/ brochure
- Provide support in developing and disseminate thought leaderships and articles on behalf of the Corporation
- Provide support in monthly Business Unit Heads meeting with Country Relations department.
- Draft press releases on behalf of country relations department for new members
- Draft monthly report to CEO on Country Relations Department
- Create presentations, press releases and other materials for relationship management
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Senior Vice President and/or Associate Vice President
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- Handle procurement processes of vendors including consultants, law firms that assist in membership and ratification.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- A strong first degree in international relations, political science, or related field.
- Possession of MBA or a master’s degree in development or international relations is an added advantage
- 3- 4 years working experience in an international financial institution or within a multinational business
- Solid understanding of the African and global development/economic environment and the implication of economic and political events on the business
- Strong inter-personal skills and relationship building and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of development institutions and demonstrable network within and across these institutions.
- Working understanding of infrastructure and infrastructure trends in Africa.
- Working experience in a multicultural and diverse working environment.
- Willingness to travel “out-of-station” with minimal prior notice
- Solid communication and writing skills.
- Willing to relocate to Lagos, Nigeria
- 3 – year renewable contract