CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: SHR
The position holder will be responsible for fundraising activities for projects under the I& ED (Industrialization and Export Development) Initiatives and any other projects assigned under the guidance of Head, Export Development.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Develop feasibility studies, Information memorandum to support projects under I&EDS and other projects such as the ATC
- Work with Head, Export Development to determine appropriate funding structure for projects under the I& ED Initiatives
- Identify key funding and project risks and develop relevant mitigating strategies
- Review feasibility studies prepared for new projects and give input and recommendations which will assist in attracting potential investors
- Work with the External Consultant(s) if required to review and finalize the draft financial models for I&ED projects and other projects such as the ATC
- Work with the Investment Associate to prepare all internal documentation relating to the proposed capital raise for projects under the I& ED Initiatives and other projects such as the ATC
- Work with the Investment Associate to prepare and finalize needed Investor Pitch Deck, Investor Prospectus, Information Memorandum to raise the required debt and/or equity for I&ED projects and other projects such as the ATC
- Conduct the investors roadshow and engage prospective investors for I&ED projects and other projects such as the ATC
- Work with Head, Export Development and External Consultant(s) to shortlist and finalise the potential Investors register
- Ensure the Confidentiality Agreement (“CA”) and Investment Teaser/Investor Pitch Deck are circulated to shortlisted investors
- Provide required administrative support in connection with settling comments on the CA from potential investors (i.e. acting as single point of contact between the Bank and potential investors with respect to the CAs etc.)
- Ensure the approved information memorandums and process letters are circulated to interested parties
- Lead and manage the fundraising process for projects under the I& ED Initiatives and other projects such as the ATC including preparation of marketing materials, investors roadshows/meetings, coordinating investor due diligence, discussing and addressing inquires/concerns of potential investors, etc.
- Evaluate and provide views and written comments on deal Term Sheets received from potential investors
- Assist and advise the Bank’s Senior Management on final negotiations with equity providers to ensure that best offers (i.e. terms and conditions) are considered including scenario analysis of negotiation points, evaluation of key terms of industry standards, etc.
- Work with legal advisors on transaction documentation
- Provide oversight, direction and coaching to the Investment Associate
- Attend relevant industry conferences and events to improve market awareness of projects under the I& ED Initiatives and other projects such as the ATC
- Perform other duties assigned by Senior Management
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Finance, Banking, Accounting, Economics, Sciences, Engineering with strong academic performance). MBA/MSc or PhD/DBA in Finance, Banking and Accounting is strongly preferred.
- Professional experience:
- Minimum of 10 years’ investment banking experience. With proven track record and experience in successfully raising debt and equity from regional/global/international markets will be required.
- Certifications such as CFA, ACCA or CPA also required.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of export related projects finance markets as well as the participants in major regions of Africa;
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior officials of banks, corporates, private equity firms, funds, investors and governments and win their confidence. Having existing relationship with potential investors is preferable;
- Strong entrepreneurial skills/orientation;
- Knowledge of development impact investing and prior experience working or interacting with DFIs in Africa;
- Exposure to syndicated transactions, debt and equity capital market is an added advantage;
- Advanced financial modelling and valuation skills;
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills;
- High standards of ethical behaviours and integrity;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong work ethic;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage;
- Proven experience in structuring, negotiating, evaluating and closing debt and equity funding transactions in Africa particularly for green field projects;
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives; and
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- 12 months
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply