393 1205 MHU
To manage the overall Human Capital function for the region and lead the Industrial Relations function for the Group. The focus of the role is to shape the formation of the Group ER strategy including active management of the Group’s Union relations.
In addition, the incumbent is expected to be an active Business Partner in the regional operation, working closely with the General Manager, the Operations management teams and employees as key stakeholders.
The scope of the role includes the full spectrum of Human Resources with emphasis on Employee Relations. The incumbent is also expected to partner with the Group HR Executive to add value towards achieving the region as well as the Group’s strategic objectives.
Group IR Responsibilities:
HR Generalist Responsibilities
- Shape and be actively involved in the development of the Group ER strategy
- Develop an IR framework for the Group;
- Active management of the Group’s Union Relations;
- Custodian of Group – Union/Bargaining counsel consultations and negotiations;
- Negotiating wage agreements;
- Facilitation of recognition agreements;
- Negotiating terms and conditions of employment;
- Union dispute management;
- Group Industrial action + IR Risk management;
- Proactive and on-going Stakeholder relations with relevant Unions (Local, regional and national) and or related bodies;
- Work closely with GMs and Group HR on all bargaining unit matters;
- Guide and support HR and Management on technical IR matters;
- Custodian of Group IR policies i.e. Disciplinary code, Grievance code etc;
- Represent or ensure that the Company is adequately represented at CCMA where appropriate;
- Capacitate management on IR basics where appropriate e.g. training on basics of discipline, policy implementation, conflict resolution etc
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Operationalize the Group’s HR strategy for Regional Operations;
- Implement the HR operational plans and people management practice;
- Talent Management (end to end)
- Remuneration management- allowances, benefits etc.
- Change Management
- HR analytics & Reporting i.e. WSP, ATR & EE
- Drive Employee Value Proposition
- Employee Engagement & wellness
- Labour and Union Relations
- Convene/Set up appropriate employee forums
- Proactively manage Human Capital Risk for Regional Operations;
- Support safety initiatives;
- Stakeholder engagement;
- Ensure statutory compliance;
- Reporting - Drive accurate reporting, Human Capital business analytics and management insights that enables the business to make informed strategic decisions;
- Drive the implementation of company policies and procedures.
- Ensuring alignment to relevant legislation and continuous communication of same.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Relevant degree (Human Resources, Employee Relations or Industrial Psychology etc.)
- Affiliation with HR professional body(s)
- Diploma in Labour Relations or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Human Resources Management, with at least 5 years recent IR experience at a senior level in the mining and processing industry
- Strong experience in dealing with Unions as a key stakeholder including negotiation wage agreements; Facilitation of recognition agreements; Negotiating terms and conditions of employment; Union dispute management; Managing Industrial action, picketing + IR Risk management.
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.