Reference Number: JOK
Body of the mail:
My client requires an innovative Procurement professional to take end-to-end procurement and logistics support for its fleet of 11 vessels. This position will suit an experienced Procurement professional with an international mind-set. The role requires high learning agility, independent thinking, innovation and decision making in a Company that is the global leader in it’s’ industry.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Having the full responsibility of the warehouse, ensure it is well maintained, properly and accurately operated, inventoried and stock control
- Seek to obtain the highest quality merchandise at the lowest possible purchase cost
- Choose the suppliers of the product or service with the approval of the Technical Dept
- Track the arrival, confirmation and goods received status of incoming shipments, and ensure that the correct amount of the product or service is receive at the appropriate time
- Identify foreign and domestic suppliers
- Evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, service support, availability, reliability and selection
- Review catalogs, industry and company publications, directories, websites
- Responsible for placing orders after the necessary approvals
- Keeps records pertaining to items purchased, costs, delivery
- Resolves conflicts between vendor and the company regarding product defects, shortages, and/or untimely deliveries
- Liaise with authorities and freight forwarding companies to ensure the timely and low-cost logistics of spares and consumables
- Provide documentation and administrative support to the Operations as directed
- Ensure all Vessel documentation is up to date and correct, responsible for the cataloging and maintenance of the vessel certification database
- Ensure all vessel specification sheets are up to date and correct
- As necessary, code purchase invoices for the Accounts Dept
- Assist in the upkeep of the Sertica procurement and PM databases
- The timely provision of Fuel Oil and Fresh Water as and when requested by all craft
- The timely provision of all stores and victuals as required by all craft
- Ensure all procurement is completed following the company’s Group code of business practices.
- Higher Education
- Previous experience of at least 2/3 years in marine purchasing.
- Experience in marine Administration & Purchasing.
- Logistics experience in Angola
- MS Office suite
- Sertica Procurement / PM
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
The CA Global Group
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.