Mine Planner (Metalliferous / Underground / 3D / Massive Mining / MSCC / MMCC) – South Africa
023 1505 RR
The Mine Planner will be responsible for the mine design in an underground operation employing massive mining methods.
The role is further responsible for providing the Company with specialist mine planning services and expertise in support
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The Mine planner must have good understanding of Economic principles behind a profitable mine plan (mineral quality parameters, blending, cutoff grade/quality, pay limits, mining width, dilution, recovery, contamination, cost behavior, definition of profit, product prices and exchange rates)
- Concepts and principles of integrated mine planning (Advanced Producing short- and medium-term Mineral).
- Extraction layouts and production schedules including resource and equipment requirements for mining final products.
- Preparing and collating information to determine the risks associated with the execution of the short and medium term mine plan
- Analyzing production results against planned schedules and recommending corrective action
- Creating operational mining infrastructure and resources schedule
- Previous experience working on mine planning software
- Train and develop junior mining engineers
Benefits and Contractual information:
- B.Eng Mining Engineering Degree (Essential)
- Hands-on underground, metalliferous mine design experience in a 3D environment (Essential)
- Knowledge/experience relative to massive mining methods (Advantageous)
- An understanding of the actual production environment, preferably working in an underground operation
- Government ticket for metalliferous mines - Mine Surveyors or Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency (Essential)
- Proven history on the reporting of Ore Reserves (Essential)
- Demonstrated ability, knowledge, and experience to train and develop junior mining engineers
- Supervisory experience
- Technical design and analysis
- Permanent employment opportunity
- D Upper level appointment
- Competitive Salary package
- Possible annual performance bonus
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Ruan Roodt
Please visit www.camining.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.