Our client, a successful international mineral mining company, is searching for a professional Rock Engineer that will oversee various elements of rock mining. The incumbent will contribute towards achieving production targets, efficiency and safety targets in the below-surface operations.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Conduct Geotechnical Mapping and Risk Assessments, including post-blasting investigations, rock mass clarification and deviation reporting.
- Compile numerical modelling and Stability Analysis on areas such as Excavation Optimization and Rock Rating Classifications.
- Ad hoc Geotechnical reports.
- Comply with company and governmental SHE policies and Standards
- Actively participate in safety and/or toolbox meetings and conduct a monthly safety inspection of work area based on the schedule set by Management.
- Ensure training and mentorship of team members, by means of performance management and development plans.
- Assist with Cost Compliance by means of budgetary input.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering or related qualification.
- Certified Rock Engineer Advantageous
- 9+ years of experience.
- Expert knowledge of geotechnical and modelling software: Mine Sight, Vulcan, Mine 2-4d, Rocscience, DIPS, etc.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Confident in his abilities and professionalism, to be able to take control of situations and people with exemplary communication skills.
- Proven record of making key decisions to achieve advantageous results.
- Proficient in time management and organizational ability, to bring a level of autonomy to their role.
- Adept with international best practice in the fields of mining procedure, planning and policy.
- Experience with using operational drivers related to mining activities to shape business decisions and results.
- Permanent Role
- Remuneration will take the form of a competitive market related package
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions