Reference Number: 085 22 05 AB
Our Client an International Cement Company is urgently looking for a IT PMO Lead to join its operation in Central Africa. The objectives of this position will consist of delivering every project on time within budget and scope. Project managers should have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
- Lead the implementation and management of portfolio, programme and project governance frameworks and development of appropriate reporting tools which deliver value.
- Leadership of an executive/ management wide approach to Project Management including resource planning and management, preparing resource plans and the monitoring and reporting of project outcomes.
- Establish organization wide project reporting with a focus on value added advice and early identification and resolution of risk and issues.
- Develop project portfolio prioritization methodologies.
- Coach and mentor project sponsors and managers.
- Review programmes and projects for deliverability including adequate resourcing, management and governance procedures, and accuracy of financial estimates.
- Support the procurement of programme and project management services
- Manage major assigned programmes, contracts and direct funded projects.
- Complete board and council level reporting for assigned projects.
- Effective resolution of risks and issues.
- Provide accurate budget forecasting.
- Provide supportive leadership, motivating and directing staff as they work.
- Effectively communicating current activities and policies.
- Managing external contractors, consultants, projects, project teams, and managing the quality and timeliness of outputs.
- Provide mentoring support for other Programme managers and Project managers
- Establish and maintain close working relationships with internal and external contacts including project and Activity managers, staff, local authorities, suppliers, consultants, and contractors.
- Influence internal stakeholders to achieve the desired outcomes, including process improvement of the PMO.
- Ensure that the relationship between Executive/PMO and its key external stakeholders is positive and constructive where applicable.
- Represent IT Management at appropriate conferences, seminars and other events.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- A degree level qualification.
- Project management qualification including PMP or PRINCE2 practitioner and Managing Successful Programmes
- Understanding of change management principals
- Minimum 10 years’ experience as a project manager of which 5 years must be in management capacity or 5 years as a senior programme/portfolio manager in complex environments