Reference Number: RSB
A leading Development finance institution is currently seeking an Investment Analyst to join their investment team in their Private Equity Fund. This client is currently setting up a wholly – owned Investment holding company to carry out its Equity investments. This individual will be responsible for assisting the investment team during the entire PE investment life cycle. They will report directly to the Director, Investments and will be based in Cairo, Egypt.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Develop / review financial models to support investment transactions and portfolio monitoring.
- Valuation of Target and portfolio companies.
- Analyze Target and portfolio companies’ financial statement and prepare forecasts.
- Support Investment Manager and Investment Directors in all phases of the PE investment life cycle e.g. deal origination, evaluation of prospective investment, Investment Committee presentations, preparation of fund-raising materials, delivery of value creation plan, exit of portfolio companies, etc.
- Support the Investment Manager to coordinate external due diligence and other advisers working with the fund on transactions or delivery of value creation plan for portfolio companies.
- Review deliverables of appointed advisers for the fund’s transactions and prepare summary for the Investment Manager and Investment Directors.
- Support the Invest Manager and Investment Directors in drafting deal term sheets for the fund’s transactions.
- Conduct research on the different markets and opportunities available to the fund.
- Liaise with portfolio companies’ management teams and their supporting staff to understand their business operations.
- Support the Investment Manager in monitoring Portfolio Companies.
- Support Investment Manager and executive management of portfolio companies with strategy development and implementation of value creation initiatives.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports to the fund’s investors.
- Develop in-depth trend and industry analysis and draw relevant conclusions from the analysis.
- Provide inputs to deal structuring to deliver investment objectives.
- Take charge of scheduling deal execution meetings, tack outcomes and implementations.
- Liaise with Target to support the implementation of the ESG Action Plan.
- Draft sector reports and research papers from time to time to disseminate knowledge about a specific area related to the fund investments.
- Perform other duties assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s Degree (e.g. in Finance, Banking, Accounting, Economics, Sciences, Engineering etc.) with strong academic performance. MBA/MSc in Finance, Economics, Accounting and Banking will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience, 3 of which must have been spent in private equity. Additional relevant work experience includes investment banking or Big four deals/transaction advisory experience, strategy consulting etc.
- Certifications such as CFA or ACCA/ACA/CPA also required.
- Advanced financial modelling and valuation skills.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently in English (both verbally and in written form).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Experience working with PE / Investment Banking teams on equity transactions in Africa.
- Business/Market Intelligence.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- African nationals encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.