Reference Number: RSB
A leading Development finance institution is currently seeking an Investment Analyst to join their investment team in their Private Equity fund. This client is currently setting up a wholly – owned Investment holding company to carry out its Equity investments. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Investment Director in implementing the fund’s investment strategy and managing the activities across the fund’s investment vehicles. This role will focus on Francophone Africa and they will report directly to the Director, Investments. This role will be based in Cairo, Egypt.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Develop and maintain professional relationships and contacts within the fund’s sectors of interest.
- Work with the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and Investment team to develop a strong pipeline of good quality investment opportunities.
- Attend industry conferences and events to improve market awareness of the fund’s activities
- Play active role during the fund’s fund-raising process including preparation of marketing materials, coordinating investor due diligence, etc.
- Develop / review financial models to support investment transactions and portfolio monitoring
- Valuation of Target and portfolio companies.
- Coordinate screening of potential investment opportunities and recommend viable investments for consideration by the fund.
- Work with the Investment Director to develop Investment Committee (IC) presentations and play active role in securing IC approvals of recommended transactions.
- Coordinate due diligence for new investments and manage advisers appointed by the fund to support its activities at different stages of the PE investment life cycle.
- Prepare deal Term Sheets and negotiate same with management of Target companies.
- Play active role in structuring of potential transactions and negotiation with management of Target companies.
- Works with the Head of Finance and Operations of the fund to ensure prompt disbursement of funds for approved investment in line with drawdown schedule agreed with investee companies.
- Work closely with management of portfolio companies to develop good understanding of their businesses.
- Work with the Investment Analyst to prepare all internal documentation relating to the fund’s portfolio companies and prospective investments.
- Work closely with management of portfolio companies in strategy development and implementation of value creation initiatives.
- Represent the fund on the Board of assigned portfolio companies.
- Play active role in monitoring of the fund’s investment portfolio including review of monthly / quarterly performance reports and timely recommendations to improve performance of portfolio companies.
- Prepare reports (internal and those that will be circulated to the fund’s investors) on performance of the fund’s portfolio companies.
- Coordinate divestment of the fund’s portfolio companies.
- Provide oversight, direction and coaching to Investment Analysts.
- Oversee the implementation of the ESG Action Plans.
- Perform other duties assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Finance, Banking, Accounting, Economics, Sciences, Engineering with strong academic performance). MBA/MSc or PhD/DBA in Finance, Banking and Accounting is strongly preferred.
- CFA, ACCA /ACA/CPA/CMA or equivalent accounting professional qualification is required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ work experience 5 of which must have been spent in private equity.
- Additional relevant experience includes investment banking or Big Four deals / transaction advisory experience, strategy consulting etc.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills / orientation.
- Excellent oral / written communication and business presentation with good knowledge of the fund’s sectors of interest.
- Strong communications skills in English and French.
- Exposure and knowledge of working in Francophone Africa.
- Knowledge of development impact investing and prior experience working or interacting with DFIs in Africa.
- Equity deal sourcing, evaluation and execution experience in Africa.
- Fund raising experience at fund level or at portfolio company level as part of value creation activities is an added advantage.
- Exposure to syndicated transactions is an added advantage.
- Understanding of the Afreximbank’s intra-African Trade and Export Development promotion mandate and strategy.
- Advanced financial modelling and valuation skills.
- Sound analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Attention to detail.
- High standards of ethical behaviors and integrity.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- African nationals encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.