My Client, a leader in the digital, social media and marketing automation sector, based in Midrand, JHB, are in the process of recruiting for a Product Manager to join their vibrant team.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of our Product Marketing Manager role is to lead and direct product development and ensure high return on investment. To translate ideas into strategy and features, and follow product development from start to end of new and existing products & services in alignment with the company Product and Development strategy, consumer/partner needs, technological advancement and customer experience, in order to ensure profitability and continuous improvement /revenue growth in digital services.
- Product roadmaps – design and implement product roadmaps and product plans.
- Direct Marketing – working with mobile network partners, content partners and understanding consumer behaviours to design campaign roadmaps and execute campaigns using traditional media and digital media to acquire new customers on the services as well as upsell to the existing base. Suggest new ways to track product use and impact end users.
- Product Development – develop and implement product strategies in line with group. Produce and review product requirements
- Product Management – Manage all products and services within the portfolio through its lifecycle and life stage making improvements to improve user experience, grow revenues and enhance features
- Pricing – Implement the pricing strategy for all services and partner services considering consumer segments and affordability, value of service, variable costs and competitor pricing
- Content Management – Design and develop a content roadmap for Product specific to the market requirements in conjunction with the global licensing team and ensuring alignment to the Product strategy for the particular partner. Manage all content services through its life cycle and ensuring that content is kept up to date with trends and the most recent. Content curation is essential for the growth of service
- Partner Management – Manage all partner agreements, ensure compliance and manage relationships to grow the portfolio of services and base.
- Operations – Management of end to end delivery of all products and services in alignment to the roadmap and project delivery plan. Must be flexible to re-prioritise based on critical requirements
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bsc/BA in Computer Science Engineering or similar
- A minimum of 7 years relevant experience within Product, Marketing Management, Telecoms, digital health, Media Content experience
- An in-depth knowledge and wide experience in Products & Services within the Information and Communication Technology industry with a focus on mobile/digital
- Must have experience of building OTT services or portals
- Background in software development and program management is advantageous
- Proven track record in Consumer VAS and Digital Product and Portfolio management (ideally within a Technology Content & Information service provider focusing on Product)
- UI/UX design experience preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the Telecom Operator landscape on Content and Media services (entertainment services)
- Strong communication skills with a client-centric approach to solution-selling
- Ability to influence and persuasively articulate a value proposition
- A proven track record of structuring and managing complex negotiations to successful closure and execution
- Competitor analysis
- Implementation of strategies towards the achievement of growth objectives including market share, revenue, profit and return on investment for the category
- Strong analytical skills and previous experience with revenue forecasting