Consolidation Accountant (Exchange Traded Commodities / Agri / P&L)- Bryanston, Gauteng
Reference Number: LULFDS
A global trader of agricultural commodities is seeking an experienced Consolidation Accountant to play an active and key role within the finance function of the Exchange Traded Commodities Vertical (ETCV). This position is to be based in Bryanston, Gauteng.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Implementing control measures to monitor and mitigate risks faced by the business.
- Daily consolidation and reporting of commodity positions and P&L.
- Monthly consolidation and reporting of management information.
- Financial year-end processes, including liaising with auditors and support with preparation of financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- Involvement in the budgeting/ forecasting process.
- Implementation of best corporate governance and internal control procedures and systems.
- Responsible for consolidating and reporting the daily commodity and FX positions and daily P&L for the exchange traded commodities vertical.
- Monitoring and reporting exposure against approved limits (eg. VAR, FX, commodity exposure, credit exposure, etc.).
- Support the design and implementation of the daily and monthly reporting process.
- Perform monthly consolidation and reporting of vertical management accounts.
- Work closely with the country and regional trade accountants to ensure daily reconciliations are done and reported in a timely manner.
- Consolidate and report feedback from country teams to explain the reported result.
- Apply a systematic problem-solving approach to identify causes, explore alternatives and recommend the best course of action to resolve the problem now and into the future.
- Monitoring and reporting working capital utilisation and costs.
- Month end reconciliation to management accounts.
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks as required.
- A relevant B Comm degree.
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in accounting and reporting.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Microsoft Excel).
- VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) knowledge.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to complete projects timely (deadline driven) and accurately is critical.
- The role requires a hands-on individual who is able to work independently.