Africa, East Africa
A globally renowned finance organization is seeking Investment Officers or Operations Officers with expertise in one or more of the following sectors: Financial Services, Banking, Microfinance, Housing Finance, Insurance. The selected candidate will focus on supporting the development of high-quality investment pipelines under the supervision of the Global Investment Manager. S/he will also support policy work and other interventions across the Organizations to prioritize various initiatives and to maximize the impact of Investment efforts.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Support the identification and assessment of investment opportunities based on country and sector strategies and market creation potential.
- Contribute to the development of feasibility studies and implementation plans for investment projects that lead to company investments.
- Assist in designing and implementing scalable solutions and platforms similar to “Scaling Solar” that can be replicated across markets.
- Help spot game-changing trends, technologies and business models that can bring solutions to emerging markets.
- Produce regular reports on the assigned investment portfolio including monitoring progress against project milestones and KPIs.
- Contribute to sector-specific data analysis and stress-testing of various operating models to help generate ideas for new projects, new products and platform businesses.
- Work with Organizations to analyze sector and regulatory reforms that are needed to unlock opportunities for private investment.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Master's degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Finance, Economics, International Relations, Science, or another relevant field.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in project and/or program development, producing feasibility studies, hands-on advisory and/or consulting functions in emerging markets.
- Genuine commitment to development and to the organizations mission, strategy and values.
- Capacity to innovate and challenge the status quo and experience in new idea generation, business development, and creating projects/programs from scratch.
- Understanding of the relevant sector and ability to link policy reforms, advisory interventions, investment, and mobilization to deliver solutions at a country level via the Cascade approach.
- Ability to engage with private sector clients, local and national governments and other stakeholders to encourage pioneering business and market development.
- Experience in project/program management, including executing against implementation plans with defined business development milestones.
- Experience in monitoring and reporting on a portfolio of projects/programs/initiatives.
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English, Arabic and French
- 3-year renewable contract
- Willing to relocate if applicable