Reference Number: 086 30 06 AB
Our client, an International Cement Company is currently looking for a Plant Director to join their operation in West Africa. The candidate will develop and maintain high plant performance standards for the plants and take overall responsibility for all production related operations including purchasing and distribution, safety, industrial excellence and technical support, resources (people mobilization/development), customer orientation and logistics as well as production support functions such as mining, engineering and maintenance. Furthermore, the Plant Director will provide overall strategic leadership, direction and guidance for all Plant operations.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities of the Plant and provide leadership to direct reports and the entire staff of the Company.
- Continually review and implement best practices for all units in the Plant.
- Ensure continuous review and assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of the Plant’s policies, procedures and processes, identify improvement opportunities and ensure alignment with the Country’s standards.
- Receive and review periodic financial and non-financial reports to effectively monitor and steer the activities of the Plant to meet strategic objectives.
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions of the Country in line with the approved budget.
- Ensure the optimal management of the Plant’s human and material resources to optimize performance and enhance output.
- Monitor and stay abreast of industry, national and global developments, trends and events to ensure that the Company is able to maintain and sharpen its competitive positioning and advantage.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Director of Operations:
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Budgeting & Planning
- Plant Management Cycle
- Finance and Cost Reduction
- Product Quality and Customer Satisfaction
- Human Resources Management and Development
- Stakeholder / Community Relations
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Engineering discipline.
- Professional degree/ qualification such as MBA is required.
- Minimum of 25 years’ experience, with at least 10 years in managing multiple lines large scale cement plant of not less than 6 million tones annual capacity.
- Expat Benefits