CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
The Pan African Payment and Settlement System (PAPSS) is the first centralized payment market infrastructure for processing, clearing and settling of intra-African trade and commerce payments. PAPSS is an arm of the African Export- Import Bank (Afreximbank), which is a pan-African multilateral financial institution, established in 1993 for the purpose of financing and promoting intra and extra African trade. Afreximbank operates and manages PAPSS.
PAPSS is now ready to start operations and is looking for experienced individuals, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and imbued with the passion and commitment to transform Africa through trade.
Reference Number: SHRBLR001
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Responsible for managing the development, design, promotion, pricing and launch the new digital products and services.
- Owns delivery of a line of product initiatives and releases; defining product vision and articulating feature requirements as well as defining and managing product roadmaps.
- Developing concepts, business cases and managing strategic product planning; builds business case for marketing programs, and coordinates marketing functions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Owns and manages line of products P&L; and tracks, analyzes and evaluates marketing campaigns; and assesses effectiveness and profitability.
- Driving alignment with participants, business stakeholders, architecture, user experience and security teams to ensure product designs meet market requirements.
- Prepare and implement go-to-market strategies, ensuring successful product launch execution and provide sales support.
- Performs product and consumer analyses, and conduct competitive analysis
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements and constraints for product initiatives and releases.
- Partner with the stakeholders in the African payments ecosystem and ensure coordination with participants to design products and services that are fit for purpose.
- Communicate development status and document progress toward milestones.
- Implement risk management into product decisions and partner with risk team in order to appropriately address risk into product design and development.
- Perform market research and analysis for line of product.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Graduate degree or professional qualification required.
- Relevant Bachelor's and Master’s degree in Computer Science, Management, Engineering, Economics or related fields.
- 10+ years of Product Management experience required, and no less than 8 years focused on payments.
- Strong project management skills. Project management certification preferred.
- Financial services, Financial technology or Consulting experience focused on digital payments.
- Creative spark – in digital product innovation, digital product management, and finding ways to get things done.
- Proven experience in developing and executing digital product marketing plans.
- Team player, with proven track record of taking initiative and ownership of responsibilities and deliverables.
- Adept at flexing to multiple planning and product development methodologies.
- The ability to identify, document and prioritize use cases and product functionality requirements for the execution of a cohesive product offering.
- Proven record of designing and delivering solutions in partnership with sales, business development, technology and support teams for successful end-to-end product launch.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills and the proven ability to influence and communicate effectively across regional and functional lines.
- Ability to work independently within a complex and often ambiguous environment, to drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations to stakeholders and to juggle multiple initiatives at once.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and change management skills with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment; self-motivated, self-managed.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to interface with internal and external clients and partners at all levels.
- Strong analytical, planning and project management experience with strong problem-solving capabilities with proven ability to lead projects end-to-end to meet client commitments.
- Excellent communication in French and English is a must. Excellent oral and written communication in French is a must.
- Ability to write executive-level presentations and industry papers in French is a requirement.
- USD tax exempt salary
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply