CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
The Pan African Payment and Settlement System (PAPSS) is the first centralized payment market infrastructure for processing, clearing and settling of intra-African trade and commerce payments. PAPSS is an arm of the African Export- Import Bank (Afreximbank), which is a pan-African multilateral financial institution, established in 1993 for the purpose of financing and promoting intra and extra African trade. Afreximbank operates and manages PAPSS.
PAPSS is now ready to start operations and is looking for experienced individuals, who are innovative, entrepreneurial and imbued with the passion and commitment to transform Africa through trade.
Reference Number: LEEBLR11
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Responsible for the development of the product vision, strategy, requirements gathering, functional design and technical roadmap.
- Development of strategic marketing and sales plans.
- Driving performance and income for a portfolio of services and manage all product development and management.
- Responsible for the overall proposition development and delivery including, planning, use case creation, user experience, design, and commercial management.
- Responsible for the entire products P&L.
- Expert knowledge of product positioning & technical infrastructure including end-to-end product management lifecycle including customer development and user-experience.
- Proven experience in Agile product delivery.
- Maintain the integrity of the entire product design while ensuring the correct solutions are being developed for clients and partners.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting as required to the rest of the executive management and PAPSS board.
- Manage the commercialization of PAPSS products and offering to customers.
- Understand market trends and requirements and propose PAPSS product solutions that need to be produced as a result.
- Engage with and influence senior level participants on PAPSS payments.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Graduate degree or professional qualification required.
- First degree in Computer Science, Management, Engineering, Economics or related fields.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience with a significant tenure involved in payments and technology, with a strong understanding of the African payments landscape.
- The candidate filling this role will be a senior product manager with strong digital product development, digital product marketing and sales, and programme/ project management skills, and must have prior revenue (P&L) responsibility.
- Strong experience of large-scale technology payment product roll-outs, and the ability to communicate commercially whilst being able to dive into technical detail as required and the ability to collaborate successfully with stakeholders.
- Ability to develop, and direct the implementation business development plans, marketing plans and sales plans.
- Knowledge of digital currency required.
- Understanding of payment and transfers dynamics and critical factors driving profitability that form input to product development and marketing.
- Demonstrable experience with recognized product development and management methodology/ framework for products and services including direct involvement in the function design, business case, technical implementation and sales support.
- Experience in several key payment business areas preferred, such as portfolio management, strategy, marketing, product management, operations, risk management.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, with excellent presentation skills, including writing capabilities.
- Good knowledge of mobile and card payments technologies and back-end banking systems.
- Experience of working with and understanding relevant payment laws and regulations.
- Relationship management skills particularly ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives.
- Excellent communication in English with one of French, Arabic or Portuguese as an added advantage.
- USD tax exempt salary
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply