Our client is a Large FMCG concern based in Manhica or Maputo, Mozambique, intends to recruit a Record to Report Manager
for Finance. The incumbent will be responsible for leading the Record-to-Report function, preparing monthly reporting for internal stakeholders and the holding company. They will also be preparing the annual financial stements and lead liaison with the external auditors; The incumbent will drive financial control development and compliance, including performing a local internal review function.
Detailed role responsibilities and activities include:
- University degree, preferably in a numerical discipline
- Qualified chartered accountant (CA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent) with 5 years’ post qualified experience
- Strong technical financial reporting skills, including detailed knowledge of IFRS
- Detail-orientated with the technical aptitude and ability to perform tasks accurately and comprehensively
- Track record strong performance in the Finance function of at least 2 different businesses
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal in English and Portuguese
- Strong analytical skills and a desire to understand the whole business
- Ensure that Record-to-Report policies, processes and procedures are fully understood, properly implemented and adhered to
- Prepare the month-end timetable that is in line with group timelines and ensure adherence to the timeline from all internal stakeholders
- Responsible for the month-end General Ledger close process
- Review and approve all non-system journal entries
- Review post-dated journals report
- Responsible for the management of intercompany reconciliation process
- Overall responsibility for ensuring completion, review and timely closure of differences on all financial reconciliations
- Review and analysis of the trial balance
- Review Business on a Page summary (‘COAP’) with balance sheet variance notes
- Ensure full compliance with the Companies’ Act and relevant IFRS’s.
- Provide technical accounting advice to the finance teams as necessary.
- Manage the co-ordination and completion of Interim and year-end audits (including all group reporting requirements).
- Review of year end reporting packs
- Prepare annual financial statements
- Respond to external and internal audit inquiries in a timely manner
- Co-ordinate and manage stock counts
- Co-ordinate and manage asset verification
- Manage the interim and final external audit Financial Control Questionnaire reporting process, ensuring that the entities score the relevant IA findings and that scoring is fair and appropriate
- Drive month end performance discussion meetings to identify opportunities for improvement and prevent recurrences of inefficient processes
- Identify and monitor KPIs to track performance and flag any issues
- Identify key development areas of direct reports which are to be addressed through on-the-job development activities, coaching and structured programmes or workshops.
- Promote and adhere to the companies procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)