CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: LIPBLR99
2-Year Fixed Contract
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Coordinate the implementation of key Bank initiatives that support the implementation of the AfCFTA. The Senior Adviser will be a key liaison person between the Bank and the AfCFTA Secretariat.
- Provide support to the AfCFTA Secretariat and coordinate issues relating to PAPSS. This includes coordinating work relating to negotiation of a continental regulatory framework for payments and settlements and providing support to ensure that PAPSS is implemented in all AU Member States.
- Provide support on the establishment of the AfCFTA Adjustment Facility. This includes supporting work on developing the Statutes, and a Resource Mobilization Plan and Initiative to be presented to the AU Summit in February 2021. Assist in fund mobilization.
- Provide support on the Export Trading Companies Initiative, including the inclusion of the ETC model regulatory framework into the AfCFTA and advocacy work to promote the concept of an ETC.
- Provide support on the development of a continental legal instrument and a continental transit mechanism to facilitate transit and rolling out the African Collaborative Transit Guarantee Scheme.
- Provide support on the automotive industry initiative, including the development of the Pan-African Auto Pact/Strategy and development of automotive regional value chains.
- Provide support on the Intra-African Trade Fair including marketing and promoting both the physical IATF and the Virtual IATF and mobilizing sponsorship.
- Provide support on the African Trade Gateway as an effective single digital platform for facilitating intra-African Trade under the AfCFTA.
- Develop and manage relationships with organized private sector to ensure buy-in and support of the various initiatives being implemented by the Bank to support the AfCFTA.
- Managing high level relationship with stakeholders in relation to the AfCFTA, especially the African Union, AfCFTA Secretariat, Regional Economic Communities, African States, International organisations etc.
- As may be delegated by Senior Management, representing the Bank in high level meetings, fora and making presentations in conformity with the high standards for which the Bank has become known.
- Provide investment and resource mobilization expertise to the AfCFTA Secretariat, in the establishment of regional value chains; and
- Carry out any other work related to the AfCFTA.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Bachelor’s degree and post graduate degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, International Trade, or other related disciplines from a recognized University or a recognized post graduate professional qualification in a relevant area.
- Must be conversant with African trade and economic development issues.
- Must have passion for Africa and the drive and courage to deliver on challenging objectives.
- Sound experience of at least 10 years with a reputable financial institution.
- Experience in banking and finance.
- Negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated experience in payments and settlements.
- Demonstrated experience of the AfCFTA and general trade matters.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of banking practices in Africa.
- Ability to interact with senior officials of national, regional and continental level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals; and
- Ability to demonstrate proof of passion and commitment to the socio-economic empowerment of African countries and the ability to support the achievement of Afreximbank’s mandate.
- 2-Year Fixed Contract.
- Willing and able to relocate to Accra, Ghana.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.