- Perform and/or co-ordinate planned electrical preventative maintenance.
- Perform fault finding and ensure the timely repairs and availability of equipment
- Installation and replacement of electrical equipment.
- Identify and implement service delivery improvement opportunities
- Perform Inspections in accordance the Mine Health & Safety Act regulations, manufacturing and company standards to report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Supervisor
- Planning of activities in accordance with production schedules and allocation of resources as required
- Effective communication to relevant stakeholders to minimize product delays
- Maintenance and repairs of all electrical equipment within section
- Effective communication to relevant stakeholders to minimize production delays
- Supervise and perform equipment over-inspection on work done by apprentices and operators where appropriate and provide feedback and guidance as required.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Sound knowledge electrical equipment and systems
- High level of analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrate different fault-finding techniques
- Willingness and ability to work shifts, do standby duties, call-outs, and work overtime as per the role requires.
- Grade 12 / Std 10 / relevant National NQF4 level qualification, with Mathematics and Physical Science
- Relevant Trade Certificate (Electrical)
- Valid EB/Code 8 Driver’s License
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a treatment plant/mine support service of which is a minimum of 2 years should have been in an underground mine.
- Computer literacy – Ms Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point/ Outlook)
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground which would include Heat Tolerance Testing
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications verification, relevant psychometric assessments and a clear security clearance.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Full time / Permanent
- Underground and Mechanized experience mandatory