My Client is in the process of recruiting for a Country Director to be based in Luanda, Angola.
The Country Director (CD) will strategically lead the development and implementation of the organisation’s programme in Angola, and lead a multi-disciplinary country team, ensuring alignment to the company’s strategic plan and organisational direction. To ensure quality programming and organisational success, the CD will draw on resources from the Head Office departments of finance, human resources, communications, business development, operations, programmes and technical support. The CD oversees the day-to-day implementation of the RISE II project in Angola, including coordination of project activities with the National Institute to Fight HIV/AIDS (INLS) and other PEPFAR partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s degree in public health, social science, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience planning, managing, and monitoring RMNCH, PMTCT, HIV or public health programs at a national level
- At least 3 years in a management position, supervising senior staff, in an international or intercultural environment at the national / country level
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring project performance, using M&E data for program improvement. Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret program performance information.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, budgeting, and budget monitoring, and ensuring good stewardship of human, financial, and material resources
- Familiarity with adult learning principles
- Demonstrated experience developing project workplans and writing quality donor reports
- Experience working with diverse groups of stakeholders at a national level
- Demonstrated success in organisational representation, fund development, donor and partner relationship management
- Excellent leadership skills, including the ability to translate organisational vision into concrete action
- Advanced skills in strategic and analytical thinking, problem-solving, decision-making and negotiation
- Demonstrated excellent writing ability
- Strong financial management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to conduct relationships with senior level managers, government officials and public health staff
- Determination, resourcefulness
- High level of computer literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Fluent in English and Portuguese