Reference Number: 411 1108 MHU
Oversee the day to day technical and operational running of the Processing Plant and all associated circuits and facilities including the tailings disposal facility and the site laboratory. The scope of work covers coordination and management of the operations, metallurgy and laboratory teams and associated plant and equipment to operate the facility safely. This includes maximising plant throughout, overall gold recovery and minimising reagent consumption. The Process Manager ensures the plant equipment and processes are operated to a high standard enabling it to safely function at or above budget utilization.
The processing plant consists of a nominal 2.2 Mt/a primary crusher, SAG mill and pebble crusher, gravity gold, carbon in leach circuit and gold elution and electrowinning recovery circuits.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Provides leadership and sets the Process Plant departmental strategy to align with the business needs as per the life of mine plan;
- Drives behaviours, accountabilities, standards and frameworks to develop and maintain a business focused, high performance culture enabling continuous improvement with specific focus on plant performance, metallurgy, water and tailings management.
- Demonstrates and instills an overriding commitment to safety, operational excellence and cost performance for value delivery;
- Enables environmental responsibility and sustainable development, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Accepts accountability for performance of the Processing and Metallurgical team and ensure overall quality execution of tasks/services;
- Cultivates positive relationships within and across business areas through effective communication and provide constructive feedback to direct reports/peers on a regular basis;
- Leads, coaches, mentors and supports employees and direct reports to understand and deliver on departmental plans;
- Instills a no-nonsense high-performance culture;
- Drives Nationals advancement through succession planning and workplace opportunity;
- Provides leadership in the identification and management of risk through compliance with risk management processes and practices
- Manage, coach and develop a high performing processing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements
- Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company requirements
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Degree or equivalent tertiary qualifications in engineering preferably metallurgy or chemical discipline;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing CIL gold processing plants and technical groups.
- Previous expat experience in Africa
- Experienced manager who is able to work across all levels of the organisation including development and implementation of strategic and tactical plans;
- Strong international experience, with a focus on the nationalisation of workforce in country
- Fluency in English, Fluency in French is desirable but not essential
- FIFO expat contract
- Competitive USD salary package
- 2-year fixed term contract
- Urgent role
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.