Reference Number: LEEFEDA1
To support the Investment Director in implementing Fund for Export Development in Africa’s (FEDA’s) investment strategy and mandate, primarily focusing on Afreximbank’s strategic initiatives i.e. project initiatives sponsored by Afreximbank.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Act as FEDA’s representative in engagement with various advisers on the Bank’s initiatives to ensure robust equity value proposition for the various initiatives.
- Work with the Investment Director to develop Investment Committee (IC) presentations and play active role in securing FEDA’s IC inputs for the initiatives.
- Where external investors are being considered alongside FEDA, play active role during investor engagement process including preparation of marketing materials, investor due diligence, for projects under the Bank’s strategic initiatives etc.
- Coordinate any due diligence exercise by partners/ external investors for the projects and manage advisers appointed by FEDA to support its activities.
- As may be required, prepare deal term sheets and negotiate same with other investors.
- Interface with relevant Afreximbank departments as may be required for the project.
- Work with relevant Afreximbank departments to develop Value Creation Plans for the operating companies, including the first 100-day plan.
- Work closely with the advisers to ensure proper monitoring of the project implementation schedule and timely delivery of key milestones for the various initiatives.
- Work closely with operating partner and advisers to develop robust business plan and financial model for the initiatives as well as implementing the plan post investment.
- Ongoing monitoring and review of the investee companies including review of monthly/quarterly performance reports and timely recommendations to improve performance.
- Coordinate the process for onboarding new investors for the project companies.
- Represent FEDA on the Board of assigned portfolio companies.
- Oversee the implementation of the ESG Action Plans.
- Drive exit planning and execution from operating businesses and may be required
- Bachelor’s degree (e.g. Finance, Banking, Accounting, Economics, Sciences, Engineering with strong academic performance).
- MBA/MSc in Finance, Banking or Accounting
- CFA, ACCA /ACA/CPA/CMA or equivalent professional qualification required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ work experience in any of the following areas - Investment Banking, Financial Advisory, Mergers and Acquisition or Business Consulting.
- Experience in deals working the with Big Four is an added advantage.
- Excellent oral / written communication and business presentation with good knowledge of FEDA’s sectors of interest.
- Knowledge of development impact investing and prior experience working or interacting with DFIs in Africa.
- Fund raising experience at fund level or at portfolio company level as part of value creation activities is an added advantage.
- Exposure to syndicated transactions is an added advantage.
- Understanding of the Afreximbank’s intra-African Trade and Export Development promotion mandate and strategy.
- Advanced financial modelling and valuation skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Willing and able to relocate to Egypt and open to further relocation later if required
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Senior Executive Consultant
CA Global | firstname.lastname@example.org
for more exciting opportunities. Please note - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all CV's are recorded on our database for future opportunities.