Reference Number: 72 08 15 MNW
Our internationally acclaimed mining client is currently seeking a Short Term Mine Planning Engineer for their new mine in Central Africa. The purpose of the role is to ensure that short term plans (less than 1 Year) are in place that are implementable and accepted by the Mining Department, and that these support medium and long term plans and objectives.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill:
- Conduct problem solving and trouble-shooting of MRM Mine Planning systems
- Assist with converting Mine Planning conceptual layouts into Survey data
- Rolling six-month plan, showing depletions, tons, grade, etc.
- Waste dump planning and dumping strategy (liaison with Mining and Mine Survey)
- Design and siting of drainage
- Schedules short term planning sessions (preplanning)
- Liaises with engineering colleagues to gains agreement/commitment on short term plans before implementation
- Coordinates gathering of data and inputs for short term planning sessions
- Assist with ventilation layouts and ad hoc monitoring thereof.
- Uses reconciliations to analyse performance to provide input into corrective planning
- Coordinates daily reporting
- Ensure that the Mining Contractor adheres to Survey layouts and limits
- Verify Survey-calculated monthly volumetric and spatial reconciliation against Monthly Mine Plans, and report on variances as well as corrective measures, when required.
- Assist with compiling Monthly Mining Reconciliation reports (with Survey) and compiling MRM Reports
- Mentor individuals to enhance the individual`s knowledge, skills, values and attitudes
- Conduct on-the-job training and coaching as required or where deemed necessary
Benefits and Contractual information:
- A mining engineering degree, diploma or equivalent tertiary level qualification.
- At least 5 years relevant industry experience of which at least 2 years should be as a Mine Planner
- Technical knowledge of mine planning, surveying and geology disciplines
- Good reporting and numerical skills
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions