Reference Number: 413 2108 MHU
To lead, manage and optimise the Mineral Resources Management (MRM) function at the Mine, through defined planning and mining specifications, such that the Life of Mine (LoM) is protected and optimised and an adequate supply of quality ore is delivered, through the application of sound short and medium term mine planning, geological and grade control measures, and accurate and timely surveying of the underground operations.
This role reports directly into the GM/COO and acts as a 2IC.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Ensure adherence to the group’s environmental management programme and policies
- Manage health, safety and environmental objectives within the internal environment
- Development, implementation, evaluation and alignment of MRM practices to the operational strategy and objectives of the mine
- Ensuring MRM activities and processes are compliant with relevant statutory requirements
- Successfully manage the MRM activities and processes of the mine, including ore definition through mapping, grade control, drilling and surveying
- Ensure mine planning is aware of any factors which may have an influence on short- and medium-term scheduling outcomes.
- Ensure proper ventilation practices are carried out throughout the mine (administrative)
- Ensure Geology Dept enforces quality assurance of ore extracted according to the mining plan and customer requirements.
- Provide management/leadership and guidance to employees, ensuring adequate training and development of people skills for successful implementation of all MRM activities
- Manage documentation and records within the Mine Documentation Management System
- Improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Mine Documentation Management System
- Apply and continuously improve logistics policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with requirements of the Mine Documentation Management System
- Prepare, submit and manage the departmental budget
- Prepare exploration budget proposals
- Supervise the management of the departmental leave roster
- Liaise with management where job grading and classification change is recommended
- Manage the MRM Dept. to achieve work unit objectives (individuals and teams)
- Mentor individuals to enhance the individual`s knowledge, skills, values and attitudes in a selected career path
- Manage individual careers and ensure a reasonable measure of “continuous professional development” occurs within the senior technical levels
Benefits and Contractual information:
- BSc (Honours) Geology; BSc Survey (mining related)
- Courses in modelling and database management not essential but advantageous
- Member of a recognised professional association (e.g. SAIMM) – potential to become “Competent Person (advantageous)
- 5-10 years relevant industry experience of which at least 5 years should be at a senior management level
- Technical knowledge in MRM disciplines: Geology, Survey, Rock Engineering, Mine Planning
- Strong leadership, managerial and presentation skills
- Experience in statistical analysis and underground sampling techniques
- Experience managing multi-cultural teams in a challenging environment
- Preference is given to Congolese Citizens
- Permanent role
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV
to Mitchill Wernich
Please visit www.mining-recruitment-jobs.com
for more exciting opportunities.
CA Mining: Global Recruiting
CA Mining will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions