Reference Number: 417 0109 MHU
The incumbent will be primarily responsible to drive the Africa’s strategic sourcing plan and initiatives per category (Fuel & Lubricants, Contract Mining, Clearing & Forwarding, Logistics, Grinding Media, Sulpheric Acid, Lime, Explosives, Reagents, Heavy Mining Equipment, Tyres, Maintenance & Repairable Operations, to achieve maximized value while securing continuity and quality of supply, which will require frequent travel within the region.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Reporting to the Senior Category Manager (Africa), responsible to support the Strategic Sourcing process specific to each of the categories representing $550 million.
- Maintain effective working relationships with external customers and /or suppliers with a view to assess or improve the quality of the procurement and purchasing. Including the increased participation of in country supply base.
- Optimize sourcing per category through preparation of sourcing plans, executing data modeling and analysis (spend analysis and optimization, total cost of ownership approach, value driver tree, and optimization and rationalization techniques).
- Prepare and execute sourcing strategies establishing and executing on the adequate sourcing approach, bidding process, evaluation, contract negotiation, establishment of SLA’s, supplier relationship management and contract monitoring.
- Manage and mitigate commercial, technical and security of supply risk through early identification of market, commodity, as well as supplier performance risk trends
- Provide technical specialist advice in the negotiating of service level agreements and pricing
- Administration of all contract price adjustment escalation formulas and indices, maintenance of registers, evaluation of and recommendation of escalation claims, compilation and maintenance of contractual templates, contribute and compile standard policies and procedures, undertake when requested Mine visits for the implementation of standardised procedures.
- Management of all high volume contract required to drive process efficiency
- Contribute to improvement of internal processes and SOP’s to drive excellence within the procurement function
Benefits and Contractual information:
- Relevant degree (BCom or BTech) from a recognized university Level 6 / NQF 8 and or;
- Tertiary qualification equivalent to MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in contracting with GCCs and Procurement Site Works and Services (FIDIC) Mining, Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and Construction for Capital and Working Costs.
- Understanding of purchasing, commodity management and contracting
- Services contracting for Buying Agents, Transport, Freight Forwarding and Professional Services.
- Proven dynamic knowledge and understanding of Procurement, Purchasing, Supply Chain and a Mining environment within an African context
- Excellent analytical and financial skills, able to build and analyze models
- Ability to influence people to embrace new principle
- Fully computer literate in the use of word, excel, power point, outlook and SAP or related ERP systems
- Permanent role
- Must be able to travel to DRC and Zambia operations on an ad-hoc basis
Please apply directly by clicking on the ‘apply now button’
and visit www.camining.com
for the latest CA Mining jobs.
Senior Executive Recruitment Consultant
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.