A financial institution with a presence throughout Africa is currently in search of a suitably qualified Regional Manager (Central Region) to join their team based in Uganda. This individual should be sales minded, results orientated and come from the financial services sector, ideally having experience working in the microfinance or credit sector.
Please note that due to the current circumstances surrounding the pandemic this position is only open to local Ugandan candidates.
Minimum Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Achieve activity rate targets for all agents and teams as set.
- Achieve sales figures and increase market share in the public sector guided by your portfolio targets set out in the budgets for the year.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing strategies within the region.
- Recruit, oversee and train appropriately qualified sales agents and team leaders
- Provide daily monitoring of all activity and measurements, identifying and addressing negative variances
- Maintain detailed records of all sales data as well as interventions on underperforming agents and team leaders.
- Provide daily reports to line management, in the prescribed format and at the prescribed times.
- Identify, analyze and report on new trends in microfinance in the region.
- Ensure that service levels in branches and satellite offices under your control meet the required standards.
- Conduct daily, weekly and monthly meetings with your sales team(s) discussing the previous period’s work and the following period’s planned activities.
- Ensure collection of byproducts from Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), within your region to meet the set deadline every month.
- Ensure that feedback on byproduct status and collection is provided to Collections Manager and country head daily.
- Ensure that any dropped accounts and/or uploads, as informed by the Collections Manager, are promptly notified to the relevant MDA and are promptly followed up with in accordance with deadlines as provided
- Ensure monthly mismatches are lodged at respective payrolls and feedback provided within the set deadlines.
- Partial Performing Arrears Rollover Campaigns, as allocated to each RM monthly, to be actioned daily (calling – appointment – rollover) and reported on daily to the Collections Manager and Country Head.
- Carry out regional monthly internal audits as set out in the audit templates, to the standard and in accordance with the deadlines set, to ensure compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Ensure adequate and proper control and management of all assets in your care and ensure that proper records of all are maintained.
Benefits and Contractual information:
- A Degree in Business Studies, Business Management or Business Administration is essential
- Only candidates who have no less than 3 years’ relevant experience in a financial services institution in Uganda will be considered
- Management experience is required (not negotiable)
- Collections knowledge and experience required
- Previous Microfinance experience will be highly advantageous.
- Must be highly computer literate.
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must be in possession of a valid, clean drivers license