CA Global Headhunters has been retained by the Afreximbank based in Cairo, Egypt to recruit for this position. For more information on the Afreximbank please visit their website www.afreximbank.com.
Should you meet the minimum requirements and wish to apply for the position please apply directly to CA Global Headhunters.
Reference Number: RSBBLR015
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- The role of the position holder is to ensure seamless delivery of corporate travel assuring travel convenience, timely travel services, cost effective travel. The role holder provides those strategic, tactical and operational integrated travel and hotel management services necessary to ensure seamless business operations, both in the short and long term, at all Bank operational locations, including the Headquarters, Branches.
- The role holder ensures a standardized and consistent approach in managing all the Bank’s corporate travel and hotel accommodation.
- To develop, implement and administer a comprehensive Travel Management policy, procedures, for the Bank, including coordinating all policy changes, and ensure their consistent application.
- To develop and rollout a travel management program for all Bank operational locations ensuring adherence to the travel policies and procedures.
- To engage, in all Bank locations, highly reputable and professional corporate Travel and Tourism Management firm(s) and manage their performance: Establish and monitor Service Level Agreements; Ensure compliance with Bank policies and other standards, Monitor and develop Travel Agent Implant manpower deployment and skills adequacy and activities.
- To assure full, prompt, professional, accurate and expert international corporate travel and tourism services, on a 24 hour all year-round basis, to officials of the Bank, their dependents and other travellers authorized/accredited by the Bank, in accordance with the Bank’s travel policies and procedures.
- To make bookings for every duly approved Bank Travel Authorization for all transport means as may be required by the Bank including air, road, water, train etc., by preparing appropriate itineraries, within the Bank’s Travel policies.
- To provide travellers with appropriate country information as may be required to help them prepare for their travel; travel advisories, security procedures, local points of interest, weather conditions, health requirements (such as required vaccinations), foreign exchange rules & regulations, visa requirements etc.
- To make appropriate hotel reservations at rates favourable to the Bank’s subsistence allowance structure as may be required and negotiating special status for the Bank in internationally reputable hotels at key destinations.
- To prepare and avail per diem and reimburse allowable incidental travel expenses to Travelers for authorized official business travel in accordance with the approved “Per Diem Rates and Travel Allowances Schedule”.
- To arrange appropriate ground transportation and assistance services (airport transfers, vehicle rentals and immigration facilitation) in destinations as may be required by the Bank.
- To effectively manage travel expenditure by negotiating preferential and discounted rates and preferential treatment with airlines, hotels, and other travel service providers and by reviewing all travel plans to ensure most economical, direct and convenient options are selected.
- To effectively manage travel expenditure by reviewing, verifying and approving Travel Orders and Service Invoices and monthly statements of account.
- To carry out reviews and analyses and produce periodic management reports on Bank Travel activity and expenditure.
- To arrange business travel insurance and any other required cover for Bank travel and manage the claims process.
- To oversee the management and use of the Bank’s Travel system.
- To manage Bank travel risk, in particular to locations that are associated with increased risk, by putting in place traveller tracking systems, closely monitoring the travel and medical alerts, issuing staff with proactive pre- and travel security and medical advisories, and coordinating traveller support whilst on travel.
- Creating awareness amongst Bank staff about Corporate Travel, the Bank’s travel policy and programs.
- Support the Bank’s Emergency Management Committee in planning and coordinating Security Evacuations in the event of adverse socio-political activity etc.
- Maintaining and filing all relevant documents for ease of accessibility.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to the candidate by management.
- A relevant first degree and a post-graduate degree from a leading University in either Tourism, Travel, Economics, Commerce, Procurement, Finance, Accounting, Law, Business Administration or other disciplines relevant to the position or relevant professional qualification in lieu of the post-graduate degree.
- Sound experience of a minimum of 8 years’ experience as a travel, tourism and events management practitioner with requisite IATA certifications with a leading corporate travel agency or financial or international institution.
- Demonstrable organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting with good knowledge of security and administrative practices in Africa;
- Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese);
- Proven experience in business support services. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of managing support services in a fairly complex environment. Knowledge of computerised support services systems is desirable;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Innovativeness, resourcefulness and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent Time keeping skills and ability to put in extra hours as may be required.
- Excellent customer service skills and willingness to devote extra time to work where required.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and to multi-task.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondences and reports, and to draft ‘board-level quality’ analyses, memo’s and reports.
- Good knowledge of the operations of the civil service as well as diplomatic practices, privileges and immunities;
- Good contacts across relevant Ministries, Embassies, and agencies.
- Willing and able to relocate to Cairo
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
Please apply directly, by clicking on the ‘apply button’
and visit www.caglobalint.com
for the latest CA Global jobs.
CA Global Finance
Should you not receive a response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. Your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.