Reference Number: 100 10 09 AB
Our client, an International Mining & Chemical Company is currently looking for a Procurement Supervisor to join their operation in South Africa. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the execution of the Procurement and BBBEE strategy and to ensure that the overall SCM (Supply Chain Management) strategy and related initiatives are integrated and aligned with the company regional organizational strategy and business plans.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- Embrace a culture that focus on safety in all SCM (Supply Chain Management) operations
- Systems Infrastructure and enablement-accurate and timeous closure as per approved procedures, ensure data integrity, manage buying process and buyer performance
- Purchasing and Procurement- ensure effective & sufficient control over requisitions, purchase orders and alignment with the company governance.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of procurement excellence best practices and principles. Identify best practice tools and processes to drive and enable change;
- Conduct technical and commercial negotiations towards concluding orders, track supplier’s performance, oversee and coordinate tenders and orders and manage supplier relations
- Ensure sound evaluation criteria is used in the adjudication of quotes/tenders.
- Actively and on an on-going basis source product both locally and internationally in accordance with the company's supply needs and with reference to obtaining the correct quality at an optimal cost;
- Extensive negotiation with suppliers to ensure optimal supply conditions, i.e. discounts, rebates, deferred payment terms etc.
- In consultation with Manager, Supply Chain NS source new vendors and conduct assessments of both price and quality of products
- Provide guidance to direct reports and customers to ensure that all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are adhered to in the execution of procurement activities.
- Manage and oversee supplier relationship management activities in a co-ordinate and integrated way in order to mitigate supply and quality risk whilst optimizing value.
- Ensure that an Expediting Plan and Procedure is developed, implemented, maintained and reported on progressively.
- Promote an inclusive environment which maximizes the contributions of all individuals
- Promote teamwork, provide support and manage performance by creating and maintaining individual development plans of subordinates
- Leveraging continuous improvement principles, oversee the development, deployment and compliance with procurement policy, procedures, systems and tools aimed at enhancing efficiency and governance across the full range of procurement processes;
- Build strong cross-functional relationships with all stakeholders (i.e. operations, estimating, finance etc.) to ensure their business requirements are understood and that they are appropriately consulted and informed of procurement activities;
- Ensure that all procurement records are fully integrated with the SAP system and are suitably maintained.
- Ensure that a Strategic B-BBEE Procurement Plan is implemented maintained and reported on, in accordance with the latest revised B-BBEE Codes of Practice/ Mining Charter.
- Recognized Business/Commercial Degree in Procurement or related
- Computer literate (MS Office Suite)
- SAP MM knowledge
- Code B driver’s license
- Fluency in English
- Min 5 years’ work experience in Supply Chain/Procurement function
- Open to South African Only